Author Topic: Alt. cart for Little guy...  (Read 12047 times)

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Alt. cart for Little guy...
« on: July 20, 2015, 11:30:27 PM »
I found this at Sam's club and looks pretty nice. I think I seen someone else using it also.
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/utility-cart/prod9070084.ip?navAction=
I like the fact that has 3 shelves. And I think Tony mentioned about adding plastic to the top shelf. Just cannot remember where I seen it posted on this site???? Help :o And it comes with polypropylene shelf inlays for all the selves.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:37:36 PM by elkins20 »
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Alt. cart for Little guy...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 08:25:34 PM »
Not a bad cart, Bill - I've seen it at Sam's.  I'd get a pine 3/4" panel, and cut it to size for the top.  That's what I just did for my #3 cart, and it works great!  Sand it down, and coat it with PlatiDip - weather-proof coating, and easy!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 12:29:21 AM »
I think Lowes has some panels, that is where I purchased one that I use to make bread on. But, it would work. Also sent a pm to Rick adding my phone number but did not hear from him. I think this cart would be nice for the little guy.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

BBQ4YO

• Smokin-It #1
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 02:40:46 PM »
I’ve seen a lot of a carts posted here and I decided this one would work for my SI #1, less than $50 from Harbor Freight , bolted in place & doesn’t take up a lot of room.
Isaac from Fresno CA
Smoker Model #1
Original Kettle 18"
Maverick 732

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 02:44:10 PM »
I’ve seen a lot of a carts posted here and I decided this one would work for my SI #1, less than $50 from Harbor Freight , bolted in place & doesn’t take up a lot of room.
I'm sure that you can find some Dodger blue spray paint.   ;)
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

elkins20

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 02:46:28 PM »
Hey Dave, Actually the red is nice just needs a couple of white arrow heads. Chiefs colors. lol Also that blue could be Royal blue, Hmmmmmmm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 05:28:48 PM by elkins20 »

BBQ4YO

• Smokin-It #1
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 02:52:10 PM »
Dave, I love your "Dodger Blue" boat...................it's ok.......you can come out of the closet now!
Isaac from Fresno CA
Smoker Model #1
Original Kettle 18"
Maverick 732

DivotMaker

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 07:17:22 PM »

That's the baby brother of the one I got for my #3.  Yours is already Razorback Red, though!  I'm jealous! ;)   I had to add a top board to support the #3, though.
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

elkins20

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 08:21:47 PM »
Really hate to rain on you all's parade, but my #3 came with cart, and auber way under price and already broken in by an experienced smoker.  8) How cool is that. 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:37:04 AM by elkins20 »

drains

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 09:17:59 PM »
Really hate to rain on you all's parade, but my #3 came with cart, and auber way under price and already broken in by and experience smoker.  8) How cool is that.
You got a sweet deal my friend! Enjoy your good fortune!
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

DivotMaker

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 09:44:43 PM »
Really hate to rain on you all's parade, but my #3 came with cart, and auber way under price and already broken in by and experience smoker.  8) How cool is that.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Bill....Keep on rubbin' it in! >:(   LOL!!  You got the deal of the century on a great setup!
Tony from NW Arkansas

elkins20

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 10:35:51 PM »
Hey Tony, just for a little while. lol I think my maiden voyage in the #3 will be 3 full slabs of ribs like you they will be uncut...

DivotMaker

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 10:43:47 PM »
Hey Tony, just for a little while. lol I think my maiden voyage in the #3 will be 3 full slabs of ribs like you they will be uncut...

Oh yeah!  Good stuff, right there! 8)
Tony from NW Arkansas

elkins20

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 02:36:08 AM »
I found a video on trimming ribs into St. Louis style. I am thinking about posting this to save folks from paying the butcher to do this. I know some small meat shops would probably do this for free. But, if you by several racks and want to do this, would be very easy.

DivotMaker

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 07:28:56 PM »
I found a video on trimming ribs into St. Louis style. I am thinking about posting this to save folks from paying the butcher to do this. I know some small meat shops would probably do this for free. But, if you by several racks and want to do this, would be very easy.

If you buy spares at Sam's, they come in 3-rack packs.  I usually just smoke them whole, but occasionally trim STL style.  Nothing to it!  But, to be honest, I hardly ever smoke spares anymore...the fam prefers baby backs!
Tony from NW Arkansas