Author Topic: ??? SI Pizza Oven  (Read 3321 times)

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
??? SI Pizza Oven
« on: July 19, 2015, 08:49:03 PM »
I guess I'll get few replies on this one, but what the heck.

http://www.smokin-it.com/product_p/wfpo-1a.htm

Can this be used as a wood fired smoker/charcoal? or is there something special that makes it a pizza only oven.  Besides the pizza stones.

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: ??? SI Pizza Oven
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 09:45:46 PM »
It is going to have open flame and very hot coals/embers. And high temperature. Once you have it going very good and very hot, you bank everything to the back and sides, and cook in the center on the stones. This SI Pizza Oven is something I would like to get in the future.  Besides pizza, I imagine one could bake rustic breads and rolls.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 11:03:30 AM »
All the old Italian bakeries in the Northeast area of Kansas City used brick lined ovens to do their breads and pastries in. Most was fueled at first with wood fires then later some converted to gas. But, the taste was very good. I would think if you can control the temp. of this oven you can bake anything in it and would have a nice smoke flavor added. Nothing better than a warm loaf of Italian bread out of a wood oven.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 08:01:06 PM »
I have to agree.  Fire baked bread goods, including pizza, are unbelievably good.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 08:04:10 PM »
Yes, John, it's really just a wood-fired oven, but it's "optimized" for pizza, due to height and width, I guess.  It's also more portable than built-in masonry ovens, with the rolling cart.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!