Author Topic: John Henry Pecan Rub  (Read 2069 times)

BBQ4YO

• Smokin-It #1
John Henry Pecan Rub
« on: July 09, 2015, 04:27:01 PM »
I read in this form some time ago about “John Henry Pecan Rub”, so of course I ordered some and last night I did some meaty pork short ribs on my 18” Weber kettle with a chunk of apple wood on the coals. It was my first time using this rub so I gave my ribs plenty and added some “Montreal Steak Seasoning” to top it off. Pulled @ IT 145. The flavor was something I didn’t expect, the end result is nothing short of delicious. I highly recommend this rub; I plan on doing some experimenting on a Brisket on my SI #1. I was compelled to share.
Isaac from Fresno CA
Smoker Model #1
Original Kettle 18"
Maverick 732

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: John Henry Pecan Rub
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 07:07:11 PM »
Thanks Isaac!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

drains

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 06:33:06 AM »
It's good stuff, I use it a lot.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 09:04:29 PM »
If you like this you will love his wild cherry chipotle rub. It is really good on pork or just by the spoon full. Yes, have eaten it right out of the bottle. I have both was able to find locally at K.C. BBQ store.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri