Author Topic: Vac Master pro 140  (Read 24046 times)

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Re: Vac Master pro 140
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2015, 01:28:46 PM »
Just a question after looking at the pics of this sealer.  Has anyone tried sealing a bag that's standing up?  Just thinking I might not have to pre-freeze soups/sauces like I do with the foodsaver
I have done them hanging over the counter as had some juice in the bag with the brisket and it worked ok. I believe there is a way to do soups. Or liquids..
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

drains

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2015, 08:37:48 PM »
My 140 and bags have arrived. Not bad I ordered on the 19th and got it the 21st. Good job FedEx. Got the whole weekend to try it out. Let the fun begin!
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

Glock_21

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2015, 10:38:32 PM »
Mine arrived yesterday.  Guess I need to fire up the smoker and create some leftovers to seal up.
Travis from North Central Oklahoma
SI #3 with Bella Smoke Generator, Traeger Texas Grill, Kamado Joe Classic 3 and Joe Jr, Anova WiFi 900 watt

abaran

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2015, 12:28:19 AM »
 Damn mine came in today to . I just put in a shoulder should be ready for lunch tomorrow , with plenty of leftovers .
Andre:SI3 with Auber, Weber kettle , Weber gas,and a  seldom  used char-broiler.
"A well-instructed people alone can be permanently a free people "-James Madison

drains

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2015, 02:57:55 PM »
Got mine setup. Just waiting on the butts to get done. It'll be awhile. Sealed some cheese and lunch meat. Worked really well no problems. Gonna seal some pulled pork later on. Got two butts smoking now.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

elkins20

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2015, 03:08:33 PM »
Hey Dale, Glad you finally pulled the trigger on the pro 140. I am very happy with mine. Tomorrow will smoke 3 racks of ribs as having a birthday party for my Dad. He was 96 yesterday, he still drives and does most of his own work around the house. I hope I will be in as good a shape as he is if I reach that age.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

drains

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2015, 05:34:55 PM »
Hey Bill, wish your dad a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!🎁 from all of us here in the land of lazy Q. Your Dad is setting the bar awfully high. I hope you inherited your Dads genes for longevity! Have a great time Bill!
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

elkins20

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2015, 07:24:21 PM »
Thank-you Dale and blessings to you and your family. I am not sure I really got his jeans. But, am hoping. Have a great weekend.

Glock_21

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2015, 11:20:16 PM »
I can't believe I have waited until now to get a vacuum sealer.  This thing is great.  Tonight I had some leftover ribs from a smoke last week.  Almost like getting them straight off the smoker.

Travis from North Central Oklahoma
SI #3 with Bella Smoke Generator, Traeger Texas Grill, Kamado Joe Classic 3 and Joe Jr, Anova WiFi 900 watt

elkins20

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2015, 02:05:39 AM »
I can't believe I have waited until now to get a vacuum sealer.  This thing is great.  Tonight I had some leftover ribs from a smoke last week.  Almost like getting them straight off the smoker.

Hey Travis, The thing I like about the pro 140, you can take a bag of whatever from the freezer and pop it into some boiling water and in a few minutes it is warmed up. And as you said it tastes just like it came off the smoker. I have done this with pulled pork and also slice brisket.

drains

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2015, 10:11:26 AM »
I'm still enjoying pulled pork I recently sealed. Just as tasty as when it was taken out of the smoker. I just put the bag in water that was simmering for a while. Put it on some of those Hawaiian sweet bread rolls from the store. It was really good. I'm really happy with the job the sealer does. Plus its really simple to use. I would recommend it to a friend.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

elkins20

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2015, 07:06:51 PM »
I'm still enjoying pulled pork I recently sealed. Just as tasty as when it was taken out of the smoker. I just put the bag in water that was simmering for a while. Put it on some of those Hawaiian sweet bread rolls from the store. It was really good. I'm really happy with the job the sealer does. Plus its really simple to use. I would recommend it to a friend.

Hey Dale, don't you wish you would have gotten the pro140 sooner. Glad it is working out for you.

damnfingers

• USN Retired/Gov't Contractor Retired/Life is good!
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2015, 09:38:46 AM »
Based on this thread just ordered mine - still on sale for $79.99.  Website address is: https://www.vacmasterfresh.com/outlet/ if you're interested.
Gene - Smoke lover from Saucier, Mississippi
Happy owner of SI#2 since Christmas 2014

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2015, 10:25:34 AM »
Good deal, Gene!  I guarantee you will be using it often!   ;D
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

damnfingers

• USN Retired/Gov't Contractor Retired/Life is good!
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2015, 10:02:34 PM »
It came today...my wife immediately moved it from the place of honor I'd given it on the counter and stuck it in the cupboard...this might not go well.
Gene - Smoke lover from Saucier, Mississippi
Happy owner of SI#2 since Christmas 2014