Author Topic: 1ST Smoke  (Read 10506 times)

mizzoufan

Re: 1ST Smoke
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 11:47:45 AM »
No worries Alin, I have picture issues too.  Sometimes from being too eager to eat, sometimes because I just can't be bothered to wash my hands that many times (nobody else around to take the pics).
Steven from KCMO

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 02:17:45 PM »
Hey Steven, I will come and bring my cannon camera to take pictures for you. Just charge you a plate of BBQ... What an offer.... lol
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 08:46:24 PM »
Hey Al - if you want "poor man's prime rib," smoke a sirloin tip roast instead of a round.  It has more marble, and you can low-and-slow that into something that is very close to prime rib!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Hog Wild

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 02:37:07 AM »
Congratulations!  I can smell your excitement from here! (or maybe that's the wood)  I'm right there with you.  Halfway through a smoke, I'm already planning the next one. :)
Scott, from north Texas

mizzoufan

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2015, 08:22:35 AM »
Should have spoken up earlier Bill.  I'd have probably taken you up on the offer.  As it is, I have 2 smokes left before I move and will have roommates.  I'm doing the chuck = burnt ends idea this week to provide food for their moving time this weekend and then I'll do 3-4 butts a few days before I move so there's pulled pork at both places and I have some leftovers to take to work after that week off.
Steven from KCMO

elkins20

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2015, 09:35:12 AM »
That's just my luck.  :-[
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

AlinMA

• Al
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 09:15:44 AM »
Hey Al - if you want "poor man's prime rib," smoke a sirloin tip roast instead of a round.  It has more marble, and you can low-and-slow that into something that is very close to prime rib!
I took your advice from a previous post and tried a Chuck Roast yesterday and I've got to say the results were out standing. The wife said 3 or 4 times "wow this is good!" Next up is the Sirloin tip roast. Thanks for your divine guidance,
The smoke was at 200 degrees and just under 2 hours to reach internal Temp. of 135. I used 4 ounces of apple with a basic rub of salt and pepper....heavy on the pepper. Will definitely be doing this one again!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:23:52 AM by AlinMA »
Al from N'East MA
Smokin-It #1
Weber Spirit 310
Maverick 733, Igrill mini
Love my Rubs

elkins20

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 11:00:32 AM »
Hi Al, Try John Henry's pecan rub, it is fantastic. Lately I have been doing a base rub then a lite sprinkle of McCormicks Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning. I just adds a bit of a kick to the taste. Sam's Club had that in a 28oz bottle. Glad you liked the chuck roast I pulled mine and made really great sandwiches. Also you should try a Boston Butt pork, as they really are good. But, in reality anything you smoke in these smokers are great. I smoked a 7# one in my #1 and it pulled very easy and had an awesome taste.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:02:47 AM by elkins20 »

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 06:37:29 PM »
I took your advice from a previous post and tried a Chuck Roast yesterday and I've got to say the results were out standing. The wife said 3 or 4 times "wow this is good!" Next up is the Sirloin tip roast. Thanks for your divine guidance,
The smoke was at 200 degrees and just under 2 hours to reach internal Temp. of 135. I used 4 ounces of apple with a basic rub of salt and pepper....heavy on the pepper. Will definitely be doing this one again!

Nice job, Al!!  Let me know if you have any questions about the sirloin tip roast!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

BobM

• H.H. The Bahbi Lama
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2015, 05:05:04 PM »
Ribs will be my next project :)
-Bob from Huntington Beach CA
 Smokin-It model #1
 Taking BBQ to the next level, also own the big Weber Summit