Author Topic: Little Guy Arrived  (Read 3191 times)

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Little Guy Arrived
« on: June 16, 2015, 08:34:21 PM »
Found the Little guy on the porch tonight after running some errands. UPS came early, but cleaned up a bit wheels on and just started the 4 hr seasoning. Just put in 3 wood blocks set at 250 and letting it do its thing. Changed my mind will do some ribs for first smoke....
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Little Guy Arrived
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 08:46:26 PM »
Woo Hoo!  Just like Christmas, Bill, only it lasts a lot longer! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Grampy

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 08:54:54 PM »
Bill, remember to take some pictures of your rib smoke!
Jimmy from Arkadelphia, AR
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

elkins20

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 10:46:39 PM »
Ribs are getting happy in the fridge. Found a famous Dave's BBQ restaurant in Independence about 15 min. drive from my home. Went and picked up a bottle of their rib rub, $3.89 saved on shipping cost. And rode the bike so was double fun. Will let you all know how they turn out.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 10:53:31 PM »
Sounds like you're set, Bill!  Start checking them at 4.5 hours, until you learn your smoker, and don't forget the water pan!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 11:06:03 PM »
Picked up a dozen at the dollar store the other day. At 11:30pm the seasoning smoke will be done. Great it is raining again  :'( :-[ >:( I hope the weather channel is correct as next few days supposed to not have any rain. Had to replant dill as mine all drowned. And the weeds are taking over my garden.

elkins20

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 12:02:46 AM »
I also had a nice surprise as received 2 cord hangers and some rib hooks. Not sure if will use them. As think if I go with BBR rather than that SL slabs could get a slab of BBR cut in to on a rack. That way could smoke 3 slabs of ribs. Rather than just one slab of SL ribs. And that would be a good reason to get a 3rd rack.

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 12:22:52 AM »
You can weed the garden while smelling the pork cook up on the #1

Enjoy

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

elkins20

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 12:45:47 AM »
Well if it ever stops raining. Have had 3 nice showers tonight just looked at the rain gauge when turned off the #1. Had another 1/2 inch tonight.