Author Topic: Guilty pleasure - Sweet Bourbon Cheeseburger  (Read 1547 times)

RG

Guilty pleasure - Sweet Bourbon Cheeseburger
« on: June 09, 2015, 07:06:45 PM »
It's funny how the brain works. How a memory of food can evoke emotion. I don't eat burgers much at all, but when I do I try to make it memorable. I either make diner style burgers (think Steak 'n Shake) or sometimes I just make a big fat patty and grill the buns to get a little char. This burger was one of the latter (kind of).

It wasn't my usual fresh ground burger. It was......a BUBBA burger! And it was phenomenal, lol. I made one for myself one day as a test run for a "burger" party I was having soon and wanted to get creative. I had my son whip up a bourbon sauce using some Jack Daniels, onions, pineapple juice, soy sauce, and some other goodies. I topped the burger with home made bacon, pepper jack, onion straws, "the sauce", lettuce and tomato.

Have a look see!

Now that I am mostly doing the low carb thing, this is nothing more than a sweet memory :P

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Guilty pleasure - Sweet Bourbon Cheeseburger
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 08:59:18 PM »
Ah, but what a SWEET memory it is, Jason! ;)   Very nice!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 10:12:05 AM »
Jason, last year I threw a burger bar party for my daughter's birthday.  I made a ton of topping combinations and did sliders.  I had grilled pineapple, pastrami, sautéed mushrooms, bacon, Philly cheesesteak, Avocado, mac & cheese.....  The combinations were left up to everyone's imagination and tastes.  It was a big hit. 

Oh, and I think my favorite was Philly cheesesteak heeped on my burger.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:14:23 AM by SuperDave »
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 11:00:11 AM »
Jason,

That burger looks amazing and I agree, I don't eat that many burgers. But if you are not making the burger from scratch (blend your meats) BUBBA burgers are good.

Greg