Author Topic: Smoked Portobello Mushrooms - Brisket/Sauasge & Veggies  (Read 2556 times)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Smoked Portobello Mushrooms - Brisket/Sauasge & Veggies
« on: June 08, 2015, 01:23:13 PM »
I decided to make something different for dinner tonight. So I prepared three different kinds of stuffed mushrooms. I will post a finished photo tonight, once I pull them from the smoker.

Smoked Portobello Mushrooms
Ingredients
3 Large Mushrooms (remove stem and clean out the insides)
4 oz. brisket (or pulled chicken or pork)
4 oz. pizza sauce (cook with 2 T onions in sauce pan)
4 oz. chopped onion and sweet peppers
BBQ Sauce
Pizza Sauce
Olive Oil
Cream Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese
Shredded Coby Jack
Cheddar  Cheese
Parmesan Cheese

Lightly coat the outside of each mushroom with olive oil.
Mushroom #1
Add the cooked onion and sausage mixture to one of the mushrooms. Add the pizza sauce and then top with Mozzarella cheese.

Mushroom #2
Add the shredded brisket to one of the mushrooms, add some BBQ sauce and then top with shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese.

Mushroom #3
Add the onion and pepper mix to a small sauce pan and cook for about 5 minutes on high heat. Remove the mixture and add to the final mushroom. Next drizzle some olive oil over the mixture, sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese, top with 1.5 T cream cheese and then top with shredded Colby Jack cheese.

Place in smoker at 225 degrees with 2.25 oz. of Cherry wood and smoke for 1 hour.

Greg

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
Re: Smoked Portobello Mushrooms - Brisket/Sauasge & Veggies
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 01:36:56 PM »
They look good.  Those shroons shrink quick in the smoker, but I never did mine stuffed. 
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 01:42:34 PM »
Hey John,

My plan is to check after 45 minutes, they may be ready to pull by then.

Greg

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 05:56:50 PM »
We just finished dinner and the mushrooms were good. The favorite out of the three was the BBQ brisket, really good. The smoke level was a bit high, next time 1 oz. of wood and only smoke for 45 minutes, but overall a great start!

Greg

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 06:20:14 PM »
I ended up sharing half of the mushrooms to friends down the street and future Lazyq smoker (Paul just ordered one today).

Below is his comments on the mushrooms (note I am not posting to brag, but like many of us we are super critical of our cooking). This was my first try at this and I hope to improve on the recipe.

Awesome!!!!!

The brisket and the pizza mushroom are wonderful. The veggie one is as well, but all three were really GREAT!!!

Thanks for sharing.
Paul
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 06:38:12 PM by gregbooras »