Author Topic: From the foot of Pikes Peak  (Read 2457 times)

Analog Curmudgeon

From the foot of Pikes Peak
« on: June 05, 2015, 10:08:06 AM »
Hi all
I'm a long time user of the Weber Smokey Mountain and love what it is capable of producing. The downside is the inconvenience (starting and clean up) and I think I make the neighbors a bit uneasy with the boisterous activity and open flame involved in firing it up after dark for an overnight smoke  :)  My research has led me to the Smokin-it 3 and am ready to pull the trigger but can't find a retailer in my area-are they only available direct? Thx Brian
Brian---Livin' and perfumin' at the foot of Pikes Peak with a 2015 Smokin-It #3, 2009 Weber Genesis Special Edition, 2008 Weber Smokey Mountain, and a 1965 Weber Kettle.

Trip

Re: From the foot of Pikes Peak
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 11:19:47 AM »
Ordering them online, visiting Steve in person, or hoping Steve hits up a trade show near you are the only ways I have seen them sold so far.  You won't regret a 3, I love mine.

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 11:29:04 AM »
Welcome from another at the "foot".  ;D You will love your SI. I know I do.
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

Carp210

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 11:38:09 AM »
I know exactly what you mean.  I made the jump from the Webber Smokey Mountain myself earlier this year and I have to say I really love this SI way of making great BBQ.  Buy direct from Steve and you'll see what a first rate company they are to deal with. Hope to see you posting soon.
Dave from SW Pa.  (Steeler,Pirates,Penguins Country)
Weber gas grill, Weber 22.5 Charcoal Smoker
Retired husband and Grandad
Weber Genesis S-330 with Grillgrates
Si model#2, 800 watt, Auber, with fixed probe.

es1025

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 03:20:03 PM »
I have a #3' you wont be disappointed. You can only get the unit direct from SI. I have had the unit for three years.
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

Analog Curmudgeon

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 06:54:30 PM »
Thanks for the info everyone. I talked to Steve today, went ahead and ordered the #3. Now I'll just enter my Zen-like state in an attempt not think about the wait until it arrives!
Brian
Brian---Livin' and perfumin' at the foot of Pikes Peak with a 2015 Smokin-It #3, 2009 Weber Genesis Special Edition, 2008 Weber Smokey Mountain, and a 1965 Weber Kettle.

drains

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 09:01:00 PM »
Welcome from Texas! I have had my #3 a few weeks and use it every chance I get. It is a very solid unit. Definitely worth the wait. Happy smokin!
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 09:26:32 PM »
You will like it, before it arrives keep reading and searching here for ideas.  You made the right move.

John
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 10:34:00 PM »
Brian, Congrats on the new #3!!  You'll put your neighbors at ease on those overnight smokes now! ;)   Go ahead and add your first name to your signature line - that way, we won't forget it!

Check out the section on User Guidelines and Instructions, on the Home page.  You have good smoking experience, but you'll have to change a few habits, and may need to get some additional supplies (like a digital scale to weigh your wood...yeah, we deal in ounces with these!).

Let us know how we can help, and welcome aboard!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!