Author Topic: Brand new owner of a #3 ready for some easy Q  (Read 2596 times)

drains

Brand new owner of a #3 ready for some easy Q
« on: May 13, 2015, 05:29:35 PM »
Howdy! My name is Dale. I just placed my order for a #3 literally minutes ago and i am looking forward to the smokey goodness of ribs and butts and brisket and anything else fool enough to stand still long enough for me to give it a good slathering of the various rubs and sauces I have been drooling over while reading the forums.  I knew I wanted a smokin-it smoker all along but not what size. So I said to myself listen to these people who already own this fine piece of equipment and go bigger than you think you will need because you can smoke smaller loads in a bigger unit but not the other way around hence the #3.  I  have an offset smoker and a gas grill so this puppy will fit right in. I look forward to trying  the techniques being shared by the many helpful and talented members of this forum and helping any way I can. Anyway a big hello from eastern Texas and happy smokin to all! 
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
Re: Brand new owner of a #3 ready for some easy Q
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 05:32:45 PM »
Hi Dale, welcome from Delaware!   You will love the #3 and living in the land of lazy Q!   I purchased a #2 a couple of years ago and pretty much smoke every weekend.  It's great food, with little fuss.  Enjoy the forum...lots of great recipes to try out that will keep your #3 very busy, to be sure!  Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

Kaz

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 08:46:45 PM »
Welcome from Pittsburgh, you made a great choice!
Kaz - Pittsburgh, PA

Limey

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 10:24:40 PM »
Hi Dale, welcome from the Florida Keys. Lots of good information that is specific to the SIs in this forum. Happy smoking!
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

1stlink

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 06:42:50 AM »
Welcome aboard Dale. Lots of info here and it sounds like you have some smokin' experience to share with us. Good choice on the #3..  8)

Barrel99

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 09:50:22 AM »
Hey Dale, welcome from Florida. Good luck with the #3. It a great smoker.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

drains

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 01:24:02 PM »
Thanks for all the warm welcomes and good wishes. I look forward to sharing many good times with all of you.
Well my #3 has shipped but no timetable for delivery is available yet. I figure with the weekend it might get here by Wednesday of next week. That will give me time to gather my thoughts and plan some festivities after a good seasoning. I think a pork butt(or two)may just be in my new friends near future. Happy smokin all!
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 07:28:53 PM »
Welcome to Club Lazy Q, neighbor!  I look forward to your Q experience around here, and your feedback after going Lazy! ;)   I predict you'll find yourself making a lot more Q than you used to - it's just to easy not to!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!