Author Topic: #2 Newbie  (Read 2640 times)

Schaef

• Greg - Marion, IA
#2 Newbie
« on: April 25, 2015, 06:31:42 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for making this site such a great resource for getting this hobby fine-tuned.  I really like my #2 so far.  My former unit was a MES 30 and the moisture content of my first few tries on the 2 has been a huge improvement.  Wow.  I'm sold. 

I live in Iowa and smoking meat has been a growing thing here I've noticed.  It took all of 45 minutes to sell my used Masterbuilt 30" on Craigslist!  I have several co-workers having a lot of fun with this and so I have another community to trade tips with on my job as well as this one.  Thanks again for the huge resource that this site is proving to be for me.  Hope I can contribute soon (I did throw a recipe for smoked trout out there today in case anyone's interested).

Greg
The #2

1stlink

Re: #2 Newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 07:24:07 PM »
Welcome Greg and yes lots of help here when needed.. Thanks for and I'll be looking at your recipe for smoking trout as I have fish smoking on my soon to be done list!  :)

Limey

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 09:43:17 PM »
Welcome Greg from the Florida Keys. Thank you for your participation. That is what makes this forum so special.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 05:51:53 PM »
Welcome from Delaware, Greg!   I am sure you will love the #2, I know I do!   Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 06:01:40 PM »
Welcome Greg from Saint Augustine Florida.

I know you are going to enjoy your new smoker!

Hey my wife and I are from the Quad-Cities, still have family there.

Greg
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:43:03 PM by gregbooras »

TexasSMK

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 06:41:18 PM »
Welcome Greg--I am a newbie too!  I too have a #2 as wel.  I have upgraded to the Auber and wall mounted sensor, and by passed the original controller.  I went whole hog.  This is my first smoker, and I agree this site is great for learning the art!
Dale from NE Texas--USMC Retired--Living in Havre de Grace, Maryland.  SE#2 with Auber

TmanEater

• Model #2 Owner
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 12:58:17 AM »
Hey Greg! This might be a first. You are in my small town of Marion, IA. I own a #2 since December. Welcome to the club!
Smokin Newbie starting Dec. 2014... Learning Lazy-Q As Fast as I can!
Smokin-It 2, HeaterMeter PID
Monitor my live smokes at http://bbq.tonylyne.com

Tony from Marion, IA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 09:41:42 PM »
Welcome to "Club Lazy Q," Greg!  Boy, we're getting a lot of Greg's around here!  Great choice on the #2 - sure do love mine!  Let us know how we can help, and don't be shy!  Participation is what makes us the biggest manufacturer's forum on the internet!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!