Author Topic: Foster Farms Hot Wings?  (Read 2808 times)

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Foster Farms Hot Wings?
« on: April 16, 2015, 08:59:23 PM »
Anyone ever try to smoke the ready packaged hot wings?  I love everything about the Foster Farm brand hot wings and cook them often on the grill.  I was wondering if they would be any better with a short smoke bath before hitting the grill? 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

paidin

Re: Foster Farms Hot Wings?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 10:25:53 PM »
I have never heard of that brand nor have I tried it.  What I do is cook up the wings on the grill, toss the wings in a tub with Franks hot sauce, then put them back in the grill to dry the sauce up a bit, then eat.  That is our favorite way to make and eat hot wings.
the SI#4 should be named "The American" because you can do everything in excess with it.  Just because you can.  'Murica!

Barrel99

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 10:35:21 PM »
I smoke the Tyson and other brand frozen wings all the time. They are pre cut and cleaned ready to go. I found little difference from fresh.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:15:07 PM by Barrel99 »
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 10:20:58 AM »
The Tyson's are about the same, maybe a touch less heat.  The next bag I get I'll give a try in the smoker.  How long do you smoke them before going to the grill?
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

Barrel99

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 02:40:00 PM »
I only get plain wings, no seasoning. I defrost them in water then brine them for about 3-6 hours. Any more and they get too salty. I rinse them, mustard/rub them then smoke at 235 for about 2 hours. Time varies depending on how many you have in there, so check after about an hour and half. They should be a bit underdone. I have grilled them and tried a 500 degree oven. They do crisp up, but also can get too well done very quick. Also, it's easy to over smoke them so I use about 2-2.5 ounces of wood, preferably apple.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

TexasSMK

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 08:28:50 PM »
I love wings--Smoked Wings--get out of here.  Another future smoke in the plan book.  Brilliant!
Dale from NE Texas--USMC Retired--Living in Havre de Grace, Maryland.  SE#2 with Auber