Author Topic: Is it normal for a small amount of smoke to leak from the top of the door?  (Read 2692 times)

Bob Sicoli

Is it normal for a small amount of smoke to leak from top of the door?

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Bob,

Yes mine does that once in a while.

Greg

Bob Sicoli

Thanks Greg - appreciate it!

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
I think more smoke escapes my door than the top exhaust hole.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
Yes, my door, upper right leaks a bit.  I guess we get used to it.

When you open the door and see the inside char on the door, you'll know whats sneaking out and per side.

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

prudentsmoker

I am glad someone brought this up. Mine too leaks in the upper right and I just now noticed that the gap is bigger on the right than the left by just a little bit. Has anyone straightened out the door?
Brian from Wichita

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
I never have seen smoke leak out my doors on either smoker? Especially on the #1 as it is very hard to close.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
Yes, some smoke will leak from the tip of door...this is normal.  As time goes by, this should diminish, or at least that is what I have notice over the past 2 years.   Smoke exiting from the top has passed by the meat, so all is good.
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
None on my 1, a little top left on my 2, and a little across the whole top of the 3.  No biggie...nothing to worry about.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!