Author Topic: Hickory Smoked Beef Back Ribs - Asian Style  (Read 3076 times)

RG

Hickory Smoked Beef Back Ribs - Asian Style
« on: April 04, 2015, 04:02:42 AM »
I have to admit that I am a pork rib eater and make a dang good rack of ribs! I had really never done beef ribs but decided to buy a rack and smoke'em on the Keg. I wanted something a little different so I made them into Asian Ginger Sriracha BBQ sauce glazed ribs topped with sesame seeds and scallions.

Turned out great!

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
Re: Hickory Smoked Beef Back Ribs - Asian Style
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 03:43:56 PM »
Nice looking ribs & quality pictures Jason. Just the one section of ribs?

I am doing a pile of beef ribs tomorrow. I got a 10 pound pack of beef ribs like those in your picture for $13.80, they called them Beef "Ribletts"
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

RG

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 03:50:34 PM »
Nice looking ribs & quality pictures Jason. Just the one section of ribs?

I am doing a pile of beef ribs tomorrow. I got a 10 pound pack of beef ribs like those in your picture for $13.80, they called them Beef "Ribletts"

Yep, just the one section. I bought them on clearance at Kroger and smoked'em up. I take lots of pictures of my cooks. It's as much of a hobby for me as the cooking itself.

I have bought a 3 pack of Angus Choice Beef Ribs from Restaurant Depot and cooked them all at once. Meat overload! When it comes to beef ribs, my Wife prefers beef short ribs. She made some KILLER sliders out of those once, my lord they were excellent. I'll post'em on here at some point. I don't want this to become "What's RG cooking?" so I'll refrain from any more pictures until YOU GUYS start showing me some of your cooks ;D :o

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 04:22:00 PM »
Jason,

For the sauce did you buy something in a bottle, or mix up a combo?

Thanks Greg

RG

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 04:55:59 PM »
I made up something using soy, honey, sriracha, a little ginger, some ponzu and some brown sugar, rice wine vinegar and a touch of molasses. No measurements,  just added stuff until I liked it.

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 05:56:56 PM »
Sounds like a great sauce and the ribs look really good.

Greg