Author Topic: Auber Time indicater  (Read 4026 times)

1stlink

Auber Time indicater
« on: March 22, 2015, 01:30:51 PM »
 Smoking ribs today and Auber Time light not operating. All I get is the H indication, no time indication as in past smokes...
Anyone else had this? Operator error, I hope.

bigbassnutt

Re: Auber Time indicater
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 01:36:56 PM »
Is it really cold where you are? When its below a certain temp mine will come up like that till I warm the sensor with a hair dryer to get it started.
Mike in Indiana
Smokin-it Model 2

1stlink

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 02:00:36 PM »
 82° here Mike I'm in Southwest Florida.  It has worked properly before but not today.
I am smoking at 235° and it holds perfectly, however it took over two hours to get to my smoker temperature target.

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 08:00:06 PM »
I don't know if it is user error or the fact that there are some hiccups in using an Auber on an SI.  In my short time of ownership, I've witnessed some strange behavior.  Almost like a computer that gets stuck and needs to be re-booted.  I did a recent auto tune that cleared a problem that I was having after it had been working fine until it didn't.  Try running a fresh auto tune and see if that clears the problem.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

1stlink

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 06:25:36 AM »
Thanks SuperDave,

I have guests now but will have time to mess with it later this week. A re-Autotune may help..  :-\

jbauch357

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 06:44:42 PM »
Did you hit the time button? 

The right window will display the temp from the internal probe by default, if you don't have the internal probe plugged in it will display "H".  Pressing the time button will flip the display over to cumulative cook time since the last power on.
Josh - Western Washington (hell)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 07:37:45 PM »
Are you certain one of your program steps isn't set to temperature, Ralph?  Even so, you should still be able to hit the time button and get time.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

1stlink

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 08:09:19 PM »
No the setting was very basic 235° and five hours and definitely set for time not temperature.
For testing purposes I inserted the probe for meat and immediately got ambient air temperature reading.
I really haven't had time to mess with it since the ribs smoked but I will look into it in the next few days. We have people coming and going I guess it has something to do with the weather in Southwest Florida..
I will post an update ASAP.

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 09:37:06 PM »

The right window will display the temp from the internal probe by default, if you don't have the internal probe plugged in it will display "H".  Pressing the time button will flip the display over to cumulative cook time since the last power on.
Ralph, I re-read your post and realized what you were saying now.  This is the right answer.  Without the probe plugged into probe 2 socket, an -H- will always show in the right window by default. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

1stlink

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 06:05:32 AM »

You nailed it Josh! I didn't hit the "Time" button... Did that this AM and all is well. Thank you and Super Dave for the assist. I was hoping for "Operator Error" as the culprit and now I know that I can blame the big dummy doing the smoke.  >:(