Author Topic: Auber-First Instruction  (Read 2377 times)

Limey

Auber-First Instruction
« on: March 22, 2015, 11:05:12 AM »
Can someone please remind me why we always start our instructions with a time instruction? I can see this if you want to do a temperature ramp up to prevent a belch, but why do it otherwise. There was a comment somewhere that addressed this but I cannot find it. Thanks.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: Auber-First Instruction
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 11:53:46 AM »
If you are speaking of the auto tune, it is because there is theoretically no meat in the box to do an IT on during the auto tune.  As for cooking programs, my first program is almost always set for an IT prompt. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

Limey

Re: Auber-First Instruction
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 12:49:43 PM »
Thanks, Dave. I was thinking of cooking programs. As I dimly remember, the concern was that the temperature might not be satisfied before the IT was met and that this caused the Auber to crash. I really think that this is unlikely in the real world and you have not had any problems so I will ignore it.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.