Author Topic: New SI # 2 tripping GFCI problem solved  (Read 2631 times)

Charliehustle

New SI # 2 tripping GFCI problem solved
« on: March 13, 2015, 02:12:31 AM »
While attempting to season the new #2 today I had problems with it tripping 2 different GFCI outlets. Most of the time it would trip immediately and other times after 5 seconds. I new it was not due to a faulty GFCI, because I had recently used a circular saw on it without any problems. I opened the back panel of the #2 and all looked kosher.  Hmmm!
According to some posts on other forums they explained that the heating elements have residual moisture from the manufacturing process and this is what causes the immediate GFI trip. They indicated that I should run it for at least two hours on a non-GFI outlet to dry it out. I completed the 4 hr. seasoning on a non-GFI outlet, then plugged in to the GFI outlet that was tripping it before and it works like a charm now on GFI outlets.
Thought I'd contribute and share my experience.
Andy

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: New SI # 2 tripping GFCI problem solved
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 01:18:12 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Charlie!  When you have time, head over to the Introductions section and tell us a little about yourself.  Glad to have you with us!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!