Author Topic: New user guide with cookbook  (Read 2902 times)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
New user guide with cookbook
« on: March 20, 2015, 07:34:01 PM »
First I want to say, that I am totally impressed not only but the smoker, but the forum here.

The wealth of info is amazing and so is everyone's continued input.

What would be really nice would be a new user guide (not print, just a .pdf) and a cookbook with recipes that are known to work great with the Smokin-it smokers.

Recipes like:
Baked Potatoes
Baby Back Ribs
Pulled Pork
Mac & Cheese
Brisket
Wings
Corn on the cob
Smoke Cheese
Brisket
Chili
Baked Beans
Whole Chicken

I wish I had the time to put this together, but it would be a great value for all of the member new and old and something could be updated monthly....

Just my 2cents.

I travel tons, but would be willing to help!

Greg
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:00:43 PM by gregbooras »

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: New user guide with cookbook
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 11:15:44 PM »
Greg, I think a cookbook or a recipe section with proven recipes is something that they are working on.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Re: New user guide with cookbook
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 07:54:52 AM »
Greg, I think a cookbook or a recipe section with proven recipes is something that they are working on.

Gregg that would be great, tie it together with unpacking and setup, smoking guide, binning guide and everything you need or want to know. Heck most of the info is in the forums, it just a lot of time pulling it together in one spot. I even found a video on how to install the auber and decided, maybe later :)

For now I have started to pull a lot of this info into word so I can have on hand and also share with a few of my friends and am pushing towards picking up one of these bad babies!.

Greg
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:01:21 AM by gregbooras »