Author Topic: Hello from Colorado  (Read 3331 times)

Corman

Hello from Colorado
« on: February 02, 2015, 12:06:31 AM »
Thought I would stop by and introduce myself. I took advantage of the inventory special and my #3 arrives tomorrow. I can hardly wait to get it seasoned and ready for a weekend set of ribs.

I hail from Northern Colorado and am very new to smoking meat. I have done a couple of smokes on an inexpensive propane model and was really disappointed with the experience and out come. So, I decided to go all in with a quality smoker. After a ton of research I landed on the smokin it #3 and made the purchase. I look forward to sharing future adventures with all the great people here on this forum.
Cory from Fort Collins, CO

Smokin It #3

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: Hello from Colorado
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 12:19:23 AM »
Welcome from ND Corman!

You will love your #3. I know I do. I have a Masterbuilt XL and a Big Chief too and rarely use them anymore. Trying to get the temp dialed in is always such a headache. With the #3, I set it and then go to bed during an overnight smoke or go shopping or shoot some pool during a daytime smoke. No matter what, I know the temp is going to be controlled. I just need to be around when the internal temp starts getting close to being done.

We have a great group of guys and gals here that are always ready and willing to help with any questions that you may have.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Limey

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 12:23:08 AM »
Hi Corman and welcome. Like you I am a new smoker and did a lot of research. You will not be disappointed in your #3-it's a great unit. Also on the forum we have a great bunch of guys from whom I have learned a lot- everyone is very eager to help and the old timers are very knowledgeable. Welcome aboard.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 07:45:06 AM »
Welcome, Corman...you have found the right place!   I know you will enjoy a lot of good smokes with the #3.  I purchased a #2 about two years ago and pretty much have something smoking every week!   Lots of good recipes on this forum to try out.  Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 09:11:21 AM »
Welcome from the south Corman. You'll love your #3. I know my #2 is the most delicious fun ever!  :)
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

Longhornamus

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 10:28:43 AM »
Welcome from Texas! Beautiful country you live in. Congrats on your #3, you will be happy with your decision.
Keith from Texas
Longhorns fanatic
Smokin-It #2

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 07:40:48 PM »
Welcome to the coolest BBQ club on the planet, Corman!!  I like to call it "Club Lazy Q!" 8)

Good to have you with us.  We're here to help, so don't be shy.  If you'd like, a first name and town in your profile signature line helps us get to know our newest member!

Welcome to the family!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Corman

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 09:34:22 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Found the box on my front porch when I arrived home from work. Man, is that thing packed well. Put it together, but the seasoning will need to wait. Definitely will have it seasoned up and ready for some ribs this weekend.
Cory from Fort Collins, CO

Smokin It #3

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 09:57:42 PM »
Nice!  Just like Christmas, but it lasts longer! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

goldentouch

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 08:49:24 PM »
Welcome from Texas
Eddie from East Texas