Author Topic: Hello from Washington State  (Read 3911 times)

septemberelk

Hello from Washington State
« on: January 25, 2015, 10:35:53 PM »
Hi, My name is mike. I live in the small town of Arlington which is midway between Seattle and the Canadian border. I Started smoking fish and other things with a homemade plywood smoker,then a Brinkman electric and i just recieved my big bad #4. It is a thing of beauty.Seasoned it up and I smoked three racks of ribs last weekend and they came out very good for my first run. I hope to post some pictures of my future smokes. This a great site with great info, and i'm glad to be here. :)
Mike from western Washington. Smokin it #4

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: Hello from Washington State
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 01:31:51 AM »
Welcome Mike, from one newbie to another. Congratulations on your #4! I've found this forum to be incredibly friendly and supportive to those getting started with the SI. It's a quality product! You'll find everyone here to be really passionate about smoking, and encouraging about experimenting and sharing your own ideas and experiences. You'll get lots of help and advice here!
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

Longhornamus

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 08:26:22 AM »
Hello from Texas Mike! It's a whole new world with these smokers. As Kari stated above, these guys and gals are great on this site. Looking forward to seeing some of your cook photos!
Keith from Texas
Longhorns fanatic
Smokin-It #2

Limey

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 09:25:58 AM »
Welcome from the Florida Keys, Mike. You will find that this is a great site. I am relatively new to smoking and everyone has been very helpful. Welcome aboard.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 09:55:12 AM »
Welcome from Sunny ND (today anyway. Supposed to get to 43 :) )!

You will find that we are scattered all around the USA and a few other countries that I have noticed too.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:24:13 PM by NDKoze »
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

CoyoteFlatz

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 01:06:24 PM »
Welcome from Port Townsend...   :D

Cheers,
Don

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 08:35:34 PM »
Welcome to the coolest BBQ club on the planet, Mike!  Way to go on the Big Daddy!!  Now Super Dave has someone to talk to! ;)   The #4 owners are few, but growing!  You'll love what you can do with your new smoker, and we all look forward to the pictures! :D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

septemberelk

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 09:03:50 PM »
Thanks for the welcome. One of the reasons i chose to buy a SI smoker was because of this forum. It seemed there was alot of good info and great people with the willingness to help someone if they have questions. I hope to one day be able to help someone if they need it. Thanks again.
Mike from western Washington. Smokin it #4

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 09:26:30 PM »
Your comments are certainly appreciated, Mike.  Good to have you with us!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 01:36:08 PM »
Welcome from Delaware, Mike!   You will have lots of room for lots of good smokes with the #4.  Looking forward to seeing some pics!   ;D
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

Barrel99

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 03:04:22 PM »
Hi Mike from sunny south Florida. Welcome aboard. This is the most informative forum I have ever seen. Everyone is ready to jump in and help with anything on your mind. Enjoy your #4. It will give you lots of pleasure and great tasting smokes.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

TmanEater

• Model #2 Owner
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 09:44:13 PM »
Welcome from Iowa, Mike! I'm a newbie like you to the SI and this forum. It's a wonderful place and full of fantastic people, support, and good recipes! Is it bad that I just did my 7th smoke tonight on my unit after owning it just one month? I don't know what I ever did without this thing! So addicted...
Smokin Newbie starting Dec. 2014... Learning Lazy-Q As Fast as I can!
Smokin-It 2, HeaterMeter PID
Monitor my live smokes at http://bbq.tonylyne.com

Tony from Marion, IA