Author Topic: Smoker & Fire  (Read 3403 times)

CarlosJ

Smoker & Fire
« on: February 22, 2015, 12:15:49 PM »
On the 23rd of January we lost our house and everything in it to fire.  My little #1 was on the back porch up against the house.  Amazingly, it survived, as did the canvas cover.  The same can't be said for the accessories for it.

Seeing that the little dude survived the fire made me very happy.

I hope to start smoking again sometime soon in our temporary home while our house is being rebuilt.

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: Smoker & Fire
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 12:38:04 PM »
Wow, Carlos, very sorry to hear about your misfortune.  Glad everyone is at least safe. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

paidin

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 02:02:52 PM »
I am sorry to hear about your house!  I hope everyone is fine
the SI#4 should be named "The American" because you can do everything in excess with it.  Just because you can.  'Murica!

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 02:53:49 PM »
Very sorry to hear about your loss. Glad to hear that everyone is OK and the #1 made it through.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Walt

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 03:00:22 PM »
I am truly sorry to hear of your misfortune.  Many of us down in SE Louisiana had similar issues after Katrina. It can seem overwhelming. Keep your head up, work hard and try to keep your spirits up (for your families sake as well as your own). Things WILL get better. Attitude is everything when your world falls apart. Hang everything on the fact that it could have been worse. As long as your family was safe the rest is unimportant. Good luck &God bless.
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 04:47:21 PM »
+1!   Sorry for your loss, but so glad to hear that you are safe and re-building.   I hope you will be back to smoking soon! 
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

Barrel99

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 05:08:58 PM »
My heart goes out to you and your family Carlos. We may not be able to help you build, but we can sure give you encouragement and support.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

CarlosJ

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 06:01:54 AM »
Thanks for all the kind words. It really has been an unbelievably horrible experience, but...we're coming along and trying to keep our faces looking forward. You can't change the past, after all.  I'm looking forward to a new house and new adventures in smoking  :)

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 01:34:56 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss Carlos. Having a bunch of friends around here that have lost all in the Colorado fires, I can only say that things WILL get better. Way to "keep looking forward" !!
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 08:20:44 PM »
Carlos, thanks for sharing your tragedy with us.  That means a lot, that you thought it was important to let your friends here know.  A house is just a material possession.  But, the personal items and memories inside - that can't be replaced - are so much more.  That, my friend, would be the hardest thing for me.  The blessing is that you're all OK, and you have the ability to make new memories!  And the little dude lived to smoke on! 8)

Please let us know if we can help, in any way!  Thoughts and prayers with you and yours!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!