Author Topic: Auber Difficult to Understand... HELP!!!!!  (Read 12334 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Auber Difficult to Understand... HELP!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2014, 07:40:48 PM »
You probably ended up speaking with Suyi at Auber - he's very knowledgeable.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2014, 02:50:20 PM »
It appears that I spoke too soon yesterday (on another thread). 

My Auber seemed to work well on 2 short 2-3 hour smokes after I had manually tuned it. However, about 20 hours ago, I put a 9lb pork butt in and have been having the same wide temp swing issues again. 

I started the smoke around 6pm last night.  All seemed well until I went to bed around 10pm.  I had been observing it until then. When I woke up this morning and checked on it around 7am, the temperature was swinging from 235 down to 190 and back up to 235 again (I had it set at 235 for the step it was on). My internal temp was only at 170 after 13 hours, which is not anywhere near what I would have expected. So, I cranked up the temp to 250 for the step it is on.  She shot up to 250 with no problem and then proceeded to start swinging again.  This time it is swinging from 250 down to 230 and back up to 250, and repeat.  My meat has been in now for 20 hours and my internal temp is 192.  Almost there.  I think that these wide temperature swings have caused a huge delay in cook time and I am frustrated once again.

I am so glad that I haven't decided to install the wall probe yet.  I'm going to call Auber next week and see if they will replace my unit with a new unit and see if I have the same issues.  If the issues continue, I'll just ask for a refund.  My Auber has been a huge disappointment so far. 
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2014, 03:14:48 PM »
Sounds like a bad unit, to me.  Odds of another one doing the same is pretty remote, as this is the first one I've heard of with that kind of problem.  Lots of Auber users out there, and this kind of problem is unusual, to say the least! 
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

damnfingers

• USN Retired/Gov't Contractor Retired/Life is good!
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2015, 02:36:55 PM »
Any update on this?
Gene - Smoke lover from Saucier, Mississippi
Happy owner of SI#2 since Christmas 2014

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2015, 03:28:21 PM »
Long story but they are refunding my money. They said that it won't allow me to cook at 250 and possibly within 20-30 degrees of that without huge temp swings... Unless I bypass the smokers controller, which would void the smokers warranty.

Supposedly will work for a number 1 or 2 though.
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas