Author Topic: Bradley Racks  (Read 6740 times)

Barrel99

Bradley Racks
« on: November 15, 2014, 06:14:09 PM »
I just put this description on the Pork forum, but found this section that may be of interest to all. One of the best accessories I ever got was the Bradley racks. They allow you to put your meat on the Bradley rack and carry whatever you are cooking to and from the smoker. YĆ²ur food stays on the Bradley at all times  and sits on the Smokinit racks even while cooking. At foil time, you can wrap the meat and Bradley together making it real easy to do. You never touch the meat until it's back in the house and ready to pull or slice.

Here is the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Bradley-Set-4-Xtra-Racks/dp/B000FJZ1BY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416093297&sr=8-1&keywords=bradley+smoker+racks

They sell jerky racks as well which have smaller holes on the rack.
http://www.amazon.com/Bradley-Set-4-Jerky-Racks/dp/B000FJZ1C8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416093447&sr=8-2&keywords=bradley+smoker+racks
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 12:45:26 AM by Barrel99 »
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: Bradley Racks
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 10:07:27 AM »
I have a set of the Bradley Jerky racks that I used in my Big Chief smoker. But have since splurged for the Smokin-It Seafood racks. They are a little spendy but let me use the whole rack for when I have 25lbs of jerky to smoke.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

es1025

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 01:11:39 PM »
Arnie

Nice suggestion. Would be a nice option for moving the meat to the smoker.
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 08:32:25 PM »
While these look nice, I don't need another rack to clean and store - especially one that won't fit in the shelf guides by itself.  My routine of taking meat to the smoker is simple:  Put foil on a cookie sheet, lay SI shelf on the sheet, load meat.  Carry to the smoker, slide in the shelf with the meat.  Then, just throw away the foil and I'm done!  No extra shelf to clean, and my cookie sheet is ready for new foil and finished meat!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Barrel99

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 09:33:08 PM »
Well there is no question a second rack has to be cleaned. But I personally found that not an issue because of the convenience of the Bradley racks. especially, when I take out the pork butts and anything else that easily falls apart. You just pick up the rack and take it. It's smaller and much lighter than trying to take out the the SI rack. Also, since I can wrap (foil) the entire Bradley rack with the ribs (like the 3-2-1 method) or anything else I am smoking in a single package, I don't have to touch the meat. First time I tried it, I didn't know how it would work, but it worked great. Since I got them, it's the only thing I use. Guess you can tell I like them...lol.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:56:19 PM by Barrel99 »

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 03:06:16 PM »
What ever works best for you is good enough for me.

I am guessing we all do things a little different.

Thanks for letting us know about them.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 08:43:21 PM »
No problem, at all, with your Bradley rack love-affair, Arnie! :-*   That's the cool thing about our hobby - there's more than one way to skin a monkey!  If we all voice our opinions, and our own ways of doing things, we all learn!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Barrel99

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 08:53:55 PM »
Yes Tony, so true. I wish everyone would voice their opinions. That is how we find out new things and learn. You can't help but to start to defer to the forums about anything you want to do and get that little extra trick that makes it more fun and even a more successful meal.

Barrel99

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 11:35:24 PM »
Just a quick heads up. Apparently the Bradley racks will only fit in the #3.

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 01:44:16 AM »
You can nearly fit the entire Bradley in a #3.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 09:39:59 AM »
You can nearly fit the entire Bradley in a #3.

LOL  ;D
Gregg - Fargo, ND

Barrel99

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 10:46:16 AM »
No problem fitting them in the #3 the long way, not sideways.

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 03:03:04 PM »
www.amazon.com Four Bradley racks $22

15 x 11 inches.  Should fit a #3 easy and barely??? a #2?

Looking for a 16 x 16 cookie sheet.  Then I can transport easy with the #2 rack alone.  My sheets are not wide enough and racks overhang. 

John
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 04:29:06 PM »
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

Barrel99

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 04:40:20 PM »
Interesting find Dave. It will do the job. The reviews aren't to good though. It looks like using them on a high heat grill will ruin them. But for smoking it might be ok. The Bradleys are only $22 for 4 racks. This is $16 for one. Your $.50 investment should be great.