Author Topic: Just ordered my permanent sensor  (Read 8733 times)

mnsmoker

Re: Just ordered my permanent sensor
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 07:00:10 PM »
Install the wall mount it takes maybe 1 hr. and turns this thing into a true digital smoker, I have the single probe box temp only Auber and love it, no more wires to hook up, I don't even use my maverick anymore just a quick check with my instant read thermapen, I swear you'll wonder why you didn't do this sooner I think it makes a huge difference, when the time comes for a new SI it's the first thing I'll do.
Jim from Minnesota

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 07:30:14 PM »
Thanks for the info.  You have been very helpful. Always good to get help from someone who has "been there"

That's how we roll around here, Walt! 8)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

atlga

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 12:13:42 AM »
I have the single probe box temp only Auber and love it,

Are you saying you have the single probe that just measures the temp of the cabinet with no probe for the meat? That is the one I was thinking of getting.

Is iot this one?

DivotMaker

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 07:45:15 PM »
Welcome atlga -
Go over to the "Introductions" section, when you have time and tell us about yourself.  Also, we like first names and towns in the signature line; helps us get to know our new family members! 8)

Auber makes a single-probe model, but (no offense, Jim), I think you only get half the pleasure with that!  The integration of the box probe, and meat probe, in one controller is incredible.  Not only is the meat probe accurate, it is used as a trigger to change any of the 6 programmable steps.  The single-probe version can only be changed by time.  With the dual-probe model, you have the flexibility to change by time OR internal meat temp.  Takes "Lazy Q" to the next level! :D
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

mnsmoker

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 07:47:16 PM »
Yep I got the single probe cabinet temp only Auber with permanently mounted probe and love it, I went with the single probe 1200 model mostly because of cost, I already had a maverick for meat temp so I went with the cheaper 1200, but if you have a #3 I would go with the 1500 dual probe, the 1200 works great on the #2's 700 watt element but might not power the 1200 watt element on a #3.
Jim from Minnesota

DivotMaker

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 07:50:43 PM »
Jim, the new 1200 GPH is actually rated to handle 1450 watts.  But, with that being said, I'd go with the 1500GPH in a #3 or 4.  I like "overhead" in the wattage....less heat, and power to spare!
Tony from NW Arkansas