Author Topic: Mozzarella  (Read 3728 times)

Muttley

Mozzarella
« on: September 23, 2014, 02:11:23 PM »
Wow.  Cold smoked with hickory for maybe an hour.  It's a soft cheese, with a long time to age afterwards it doesn't take much.  We used the cheese on home made pizzas and it completely changed the flavor profile of the pizza in a very good way.  I took the photos off my phone, but you'll have to trust me, multi bueno. 

Edit:  found the pic, if nothing else it highlights my inability to roll out a crust, but since we like pics, here we go...

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 02:17:58 PM by Muttley »

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Mozzarella
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 08:07:15 PM »
Bet that's great, Muttley!  Who says pizza has to be round, anyways?  What, the "pizza police??"   ;D ;D   Nice job!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 09:37:08 PM »
This is how my Mom did her crust and was also in a pan as in your photos. Put thin layer of olive oil on the pan start with crust in the center of the pan. Pull to each side then to the front corners, then the middle. Likewise do the other side. You will have a thin crust covering your pan. I have seen her do a small piece of dough about the size of a softball and cover a 13 x 18 in cookie sheet. But, she would bake 2 to 3 pizza's a couple of times a week. I forgot to mention she only used anchovies as meat and yes we had then on Wed. and Fri. Yes, grew up Catholic those were the no meat days.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:02:00 PM by elkins20 »
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 09:59:05 PM »
+1 that is a winner.   
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 11:39:35 AM »
Looks mighty tasty Muttley!
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

Limey

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 01:26:07 PM »
Must try that. I smoke a lot of cheese and make my own pizza but have never combined the two. Thanks for the idea Muttley.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.