Author Topic: Southern Steamer Rib racks  (Read 2058 times)

foodeefish

Southern Steamer Rib racks
« on: September 20, 2014, 04:35:08 PM »
Has anyone used rib racks in their smokin it smoker?

These are heavy duty stainless steel rib racks that fit 9 racks of ribs very comfortably and wanted to know peoples experiences with them or any other rib racks in their SI smoker

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Southern Steamer Rib racks
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 06:43:46 PM »
Welcome, again, fish.  When you have time, go over to the Introductions section and tell us about yourself.  Also, it's good to put your first name and town in the signature line of your profile.  We like to know who our new friends are!

As for rib racks... I don't use them.  People do, and I think they're great if you're trying to smoke a crazy amount of ribs at one time.  I can comfortably do 5+ racks of baby backs in the #2, laying them flat (bone-side down).  That's a lot of ribs!  I believe they cook best like that; if they stand on their sides, in a rack, they naturally drain.  I don't want that!  I want the ribs to baste in their own juices, not drain off.  This is why I don't bother with rib racks.  Also, it's just one more thing to clean! ???
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!