Author Topic: Is saving the Auber program really needed?  (Read 1754 times)

jpittssr

Is saving the Auber program really needed?
« on: September 06, 2014, 10:44:35 AM »
As you know, the Auber WSD-1200GPH allows us to save 8 different cooking programs(recipes or profiles). After using mine several times and becoming more comfortable with the programing of the Auber I am wondering.
You may have read my warning concerning the Auber default program and power failures. One of the solutions I offered was to recall the desired program then save it to location C-1. That and the fact that it is so easy to program the Auber has me wondering if I even want to save any programs.
My choice: If I find a need for a full 6 step program (or close) or a complicated program, I might decide to save it. Currently I have saved a program for Ribs and another for Butts. Just this morning I started a couple of chickens but I just programed location C-1 for 275 until IT hits 165. I don't know if that is the best temp or not. Seems like most people are using 250 but that is probably a stock controller. When I was using a stick burner I generally cooked chicken at higher temps.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Is saving the Auber program really needed?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 04:09:36 PM »
I think the recipe save feature is nice, for convenience sake.  But, Ed, you're right - it's really not necessary, if you have a little experience with the Auber.  The programming is easy, but I think the saved recipes will be a great feature for many who just don't want to have to go through all the program steps, every time.  Many of us used the 3rd gen units for quite awhile, without the ability to save.  I think this is probably a feature Auber included so this control board can be used in other applications.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!