Author Topic: New Models of Auber  (Read 9381 times)

johnnytex

New Models of Auber
« on: August 24, 2014, 09:55:56 AM »
From their web site:
 This new model, WSD-1500GPH, replaces the previous WSD-1503CPH. The ā€œGā€ series controller made several important improvements and enhancements over the ā€œCā€ series controller.
1) Improved durability for the sensor probe. The new sensor is more moisture-resistant, with larger temperature range, and more durable cable and plug.
2) A memory function that allows customers to store up to 8 temperature profiles for different recipes.
3) A function key that can turn off the program mode if users only want to cook at single set temperature without using timer.
I am checking on an upgrade.
Tex From Ennis, TX

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
Re: New Models of Auber
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 10:30:34 AM »
Now I might be interested! For me all that button bushing and programing seemed a bit much. I would like the stable low twmp ability and the searing heat of a bypassed unit for poultry. I may have drink the Aurber Kool-aid at some point....
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

es1025

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 11:09:36 AM »
Big fan of the auber. I love the idea of dialing in the same temperature for hours.

Once it gets to the fall, turkey/chicken season.

Smoke at 250+
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

Walt

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 11:46:16 AM »
I haven't gone there yet but I will eventually.  Primarily for the programming & high temp.
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 01:22:22 PM »
I'm using the 1200GPH, with a wall-mount probe, on 3 racks of baby backs today!  It's running through the autotune under "actual" cooking conditions.  I'll give a full review on this new unit very soon.

While yes, it has several really cool upgrades, like the recipe storage, it's still programmed the same way as the older ones.  But, recalling or saving the stored programs is not hard - there just isn't a single "button" for it (it's the same cabinet).
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 01:51:23 PM »
Hey Tex, thanks for posting, I was just about to pull the trigger on the auber within the next week as a B-day present from the wife.  I'll wait for Tony's review, but I will most likely go for the new model, just makes sense.

But then again, with a new model, I am sure a few used Aubers will hit the market at a discounted price for anyone who is not picky and looking to save some money.
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It

bigbassnutt

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 07:59:20 PM »
I have the older model and checked out the write up for the new one. While saving the programs would be nice, it really only takes a second to set one after you have done a few. The more durable probes would make sense but haven't had any problems with mine yet. Looking forward to your review none the less. I can't say enough good about the Auber, absolutely love it!
Mike in Indiana
Smokin-it Model 2

DivotMaker

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 07:47:12 PM »
Got short on time this weekend, but am getting pics together for the review.  I may even get my feet wet with a video review!  Hollywood, here I come! 8)
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

DiggingDogFarm

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 08:23:51 PM »
Interesting updates, but the WS-1500DPMS is still, by far, my favorite because it uses ubiquitous k-type thermocouples...that's a BIG plus because I have several thermometers that use the same thermocouples....they're very inexpensive too.

I have a brand spanking new WSD-1500GPH for sale, that I have no intention of using, if anyone happens to be interested.

;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 08:25:27 PM by DiggingDogFarm »
~Martin

DivotMaker

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 08:31:57 PM »
Interesting updates, but the WS-1500DPMS is still, by far, my favorite because it uses ubiquitous k-type thermocouples...that's a BIG plus because I have several thermometers that use the same thermocouples....they're very inexpensive too.

I have a brand spanking new WSD-1500GPH for sale, that I have no intention of using, if anyone happens to be interested.

;D

Not to question you, but you're certain you have the "G" PH, and not the "C"PH?  I thought you got your #4 before the 4th-gens came out.  Regardless, you might want to post it in the For Sale section, and get a taker!

I, too, am impressed with the DPMS, but am disappointed that it's a single-probe setup.  The point, to me, of using the Auber is that it not only controls the temp in the box, and monitors the internal temp.  It's that relationship that allows it to effectively use the steps in the programming.  I suppose you could let it control the box temp, and use steps by time only, but that kind of defeats the purpose, at least for me.  Wonder why they don't make the K-type in a dual probe?
Tony from NW Arkansas

DiggingDogFarm

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 08:38:32 PM »
Yeah, I copied and pasted the wrong model number.  ;D
The WSD-1503CPH is what I have for sale...it's what came with the #4 and it's brand new and unused.

I use the DPMS differently (for sausages and the like mostly) so the dualness isn't an issue for me...but I also wonder why they don't make it a dual.

~Martin
~Martin

DivotMaker

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 08:45:43 PM »
Thought so, Martin.  lol.  No worries!  That is a fantastic model, and should sell quickly!
Tony from NW Arkansas

tbcop-is-smokin

• Proud Owner of Smokin-it #3
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 09:44:23 PM »
I have been asking a lot of questions about this baby..Looks like the WSD-1500GPH is going to be my next purchase really soon..
Thanks Guys for the info...
Tony
Good Smokes comes from Happy Trees...
Protect Our Forest...
Vietnam Vet
Tony from Virginia...