Author Topic: Thermoworks BlueTherm Duo & Probes Kit  (Read 3078 times)

GeeBee

Thermoworks BlueTherm Duo & Probes Kit
« on: July 30, 2014, 10:41:35 AM »
I just got an email advert about this item, thought I'd pass the info along. For you guys into this sort of thing. It's actually more expensive than an Auber ($239 on sale), but again, some of you guys are into remote monitoring. It will remotely show temps on phones and tablets and uses Type K thermocouple probes. Interesting stuff, but not my style.
Gary in Hebron, Ohio
#2 with Auber PID and happy about it !

Walt

Re: Thermoworks BlueTherm Duo & Probes Kit
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 01:25:49 PM »
They make great stuff.  However, being blue tooth really limits it's range.
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 07:55:11 PM »
Thermoworks is known for good stuff, but this particular product is in no way comparable to the Auber; it is a thermometer, NOT a P.I.D. controller.  The two probes read box and meat temps (like the Maverick dual-probe thermos), the it does not control the element on the smoker.  Just clarifying, for those that think a more expensive thermometer will do the job of the Auber....it will not.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

es1025

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 07:01:01 AM »
I have thermowork dual probe thermometer. I bought it before the auber. The quality is top notch and far better. The cost is almost 3x more expensive than the maverick. I switched because i went thru two smoker probes. The high heat probes are great. I use the meat probe for cooking meats not the auber. I found the IT is off by a couple of degrees on the auber then the thermoworks. I also have the thermopen..

You can read my review on the tw-8060 in the gadget section below.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 07:03:19 AM by es1025 »
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?