Author Topic: Recipe and tips archive?  (Read 2361 times)

jdiver

Recipe and tips archive?
« on: August 04, 2014, 07:33:12 AM »
This forum is full of information. But good recipes and specific tips get lost over time. Or at least are not as easy to find. Is there an archive of recipes? Maybe one of tips that were posted? A file download or a place where individual posts that contain such information can be saved?  I see the  Recipe forum, great, but going to one doesn't mean you'll find recipes there, just discussion on that topic.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
-JD-
Big Green Egg and SI2
Love Pork

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
Re: Recipe and tips archive?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 01:58:49 PM »
You can either do a lot of searching or just throw it out as a question. Such as "I want to smoke salmon next week, any Ideas?"

Members that have posted on salmon know where their recopies are and will cut and paste the link for you.  That might be easiest.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Recipe and tips archive?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 07:55:54 PM »
JD,  I think most of the posts, under each of the recipe headers, are actually recipes.  I would recommend using the search bar, or (what I do), simply print the ones that strike you.  That way, they're handy when doing prep, and you don't have to go looking for it. 

Creating a recipe "archive" might be somewhere in the future, but there are just too many "variables" on our site; everyone has a different approach, which is a great learning tool.  Sites like SMF are a little different, where the whole site is centered around one guy and his recipes...pretty easy to archive them. 

We're certainly open to ideas, if you have a way to approach what you're talking about.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!