Author Topic: Mesquite Sirloin Tip Roast  (Read 8897 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Mesquite Sirloin Tip Roast
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 10:09:04 PM »
Pulling at 138 usually means the meat slides to 140. And cooking a few minutes longer if desired is a lot easier than uncooking it. Lol

We're on the same page, Dave! :D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 10:23:06 PM »
Gotcha, Bill.  Medium-well is a level between medium, and what you call well-done.  Med-well will have some pink, whereas well-done is gray and dry...essentially shoe leather, at that point!  If I hear someone order that when I'm at a steakhouse, it takes all of my self-control to not get up and throw them out!! LOL! :o

You got me belly laughing again Tony. At the steak house I go med. rare and usually get a pink center. My Mom rest her soul wanted her beef burnt. My Dad likes his on the rare side. And the wife varies with what type of meat is being cooked. But for beef she like a little pink center.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2015, 10:35:46 PM »
Fillet mignon...............Pittsburgh rare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_rare

I agree, if I am with company and they order anything above medium (that's being generous) I just shake my head.   Then I get a kick in the shin from my wife.
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

elkins20

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2015, 11:25:02 AM »
I hate those kicks under the table followed by a dirty look.  :o
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 11:43:09 AM »
I guess you should just be grateful that she aims for the shin and not the groin.   :D
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

elkins20

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 03:20:00 PM »
Very true, very true... ???

mizzoufan

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 04:03:24 PM »
When I was waiting tables, I actually had someone order a steak by saying "knock the horns off, wipe it's butt and throw it on a plate".  Cook said the best they could do was 30 seconds per side by law (I think that's per inch and ours were 1" steaks)
Steven from KCMO

DivotMaker

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2015, 10:19:11 PM »
When I was waiting tables, I actually had someone order a steak by saying "knock the horns off, wipe it's butt and throw it on a plate".  Cook said the best they could do was 30 seconds per side by law (I think that's per inch and ours were 1" steaks)

Wow...now that's rare!! :o
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

elkins20

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 11:25:50 AM »

Steven that would not even be warm. I would have love to see the persons face when it was brought to the table.

DivotMaker

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 03:39:00 PM »

Steven that would not even be warm. I would have love to see the persons face when it was brought to the table.

If I were the cook there, I would have literally brought him a raw steak on a plate, and stood there while he tried it! ;)   Might have also been my last day working there... ???
Tony from NW Arkansas