Author Topic: Fedex Running Late  (Read 2522 times)

Rosco

Fedex Running Late
« on: July 03, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »
Fedex delivers to me at 2PM every day like clockwork -- except today when I'm expecting my #3.  Probably stopped to admire it.

Three Sons BBQ

Re: Fedex Running Late
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 04:39:09 PM »
Tic toc
Brinkmann '07... Offset '11... Smokin-It '13!!!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 07:46:56 PM »
I feel your pain, Roscoe!  Let us know how it goes when she gets there!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

DiggingDogFarm

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 11:03:48 AM »
I hope all went well....I've had the worst of luck with Fed-Ex over the years.  :o
~Martin

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 12:10:38 AM »
Roscoe, if the Fedex guys gets a peek at the smoker, it will not be delivered, it suddenly went missing in action, fell off the truck.

But on a serious note, the anticipation is going to play a number on you.  Before you know it, you will have this unit up and running in no time to impress your friends and family.
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It

Rosco

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 05:22:02 PM »
Ok, so it finally got here.  Unpacked it, ran a test smoke and had ribs on the 4th using the 2-2-1 method.  Flavor was good, but they were overdone -- falling off the bone.  I plan to read up on the "no peek"  method championed here and try another round on Thursday.

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 06:37:27 PM »
I think you will be happy with the no peak method.

Make sure you have a water pan of some type (I use Mini Tin Loaf Pans) filled with apple juice/cider or beer on the bottom of the smoker right next to the smoker box.

Place your ribs as high up in the smoker that you can. I think I usually use the second to top shelf if only doing two racks and the 2nd and 3rd shelves if doing more. The heat is a lot more stable up there. If you have any racks that appear to be a bit thinner than the others place them higher than the thicker racks.

I would smoke at 235 and check at the 4.5 hour mark for baby backs and 5.0 mark for spares. Test the doneness and go longer if needed.

Also, only 2.5 to 3.0 ounces of wood is needed for a rib smoke.

Good luck!
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.