Author Topic: Apps and Programs  (Read 2056 times)

WeekendWarrior

Apps and Programs
« on: June 27, 2014, 01:11:01 PM »
Anyone use and iphone/android apps for smoking?

I made a spreadsheet that you can enter the date and time you want to eat, and it will automatically update the start and stop times of each step.  You can change the estimated time for each step and it will update the dates and times also.

Got to thinking this would be great for a smartphone app, but I haven't found one yet.

There are cooking timer apps, but I haven't found one yet that would do the above.

Maybe I should try my had at creating a smartphone app sometime.

Bruce - Iowa
#2 Owner
Iowa National Guard - Retired
Computer Geek

bigbassnutt

Re: Apps and Programs
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 06:21:04 PM »
Great idea Bruce, you make one and I will beta test it for ya.
Mike in Indiana
Smokin-it Model 2

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Apps and Programs
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 07:45:06 PM »
Nice job, Bruce.  I'm sure lots of "organized" folks will love something like this.  I just kind of "wing it" (not that organized). :-[   After you do a bunch of different smokes, you'll just "know" when to start the process.  My method of "Lazy Q" doesn't allow me to be that precise. :D

All kidding aside - this will be a great tool to use for folks learning the smoking process.  Knowing when to start the process is the hardest part for some, so working it out on the spreadsheet will help visualize the various steps.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!