Author Topic: Meatloaf  (Read 3342 times)

GeeBee

Meatloaf
« on: March 29, 2014, 10:18:11 AM »
Another experiment! Did a meatloaf yesterday. Used the recipe from Smokin' Meat forum. Used 1 ounce of Texas Post Oak and 1 Kingsford charcoal briquet. Smoked at 225 until IT of 160. The smoking aspect of it turned out fantastic. Smelled and tasted like it had just come off the old charcoal grill. Didn't care too much for the meatloaf recipe though. I've got another recipe that I think will be better for the next attempt. The wood with charcoal was definitely the bomb though.
Gary in Hebron, Ohio
#2 with Auber PID and happy about it !

Three Sons BBQ

Re: Meatloaf
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 01:07:36 PM »
Let me know the other recipe...
Brinkmann '07... Offset '11... Smokin-It '13!!!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 02:09:06 PM »
Yep, run that recipe by PolishQ (Steve) - he's the meatloaf guru around here! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

GeeBee

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »
Steve, I'm going to use the recipe from Cook's Country (the PBS show). I've used several of their recipes, with great success. I'm going to use the recipe called Glazed Meatloaf, but I'm not going to use the glaze. If you can't find the recipe, let me know and I'll post it.
Gary in Hebron, Ohio
#2 with Auber PID and happy about it !

Three Sons BBQ

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 09:30:34 AM »
Sounds good. I'm not the meatloaf expert... But I always like to throw one on when I have a smoke going for folks to taste with mashed potatoes.... Somewhat of a side dish so to speak.
Brinkmann '07... Offset '11... Smokin-It '13!!!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 10:28:10 AM »
Sounds good. I'm not the meatloaf expert... But I always like to throw one on when I have a smoke going for folks to taste with mashed potatoes.... Somewhat of a side dish so to speak.

Ah, don't be so modest, Steve!  I'm pretty sure you've done more meatloaf than anybody here...in my mind, that makes you the resident expert! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!