Author Topic: Weston Pro-2300 Vacuum Sealer  (Read 3422 times)

Walt

Weston Pro-2300 Vacuum Sealer
« on: March 11, 2014, 05:15:51 PM »
Last week I received a Weston Pro-2300 sealer from The Hunters Butcher Shop on sale for $349.99 with free shipping (list price $499.99). 
My 1st impression is its an extremely well built, simple & effective sealer.  It has 3 buttons....Stop, Manual Seal & Start.  The size & weight of this unit is more than most comparable units but expected considering the quality of construction.  Due to the quality, I feel this will be a one time purchase & reasonable.  It can seal bags up to 15" wide.  I've read reports that it can seal any of the bags for this style unit (like foodsaver).  I have only used the Weston 8"x50' & 15"x50' rolls as well as UMAI DryBag with VacMouse with no issues.  The price for their bags are reasonable.  To use, position mouth of bag in the vacuum chamber, close lid, push start, press lightly on lid until a suction is pulled & wait for click indicating lid is released & sealing complete.  If you want to seal prior to full pressure being achieved press the "Manal Seal" button or if there is a need to stop mid stream the "Stop" button is available.  The seal strip is a large 1/4" wide & does a real good job sealing.  Instructions indicate a 20 second rest between seals but the machine has a fan to cool the motor & reviews i have read indicate it is difficult to overheat.  It looks like a very durable & quality product.
Size: 20"L x 12 1/4"W x 6"H
Weight: 21 lbs
Vacuum: 28 HG
Pump: Dual piston
Warranty: 1 year
Construction: Stainless Steel
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:43:59 PM by Walt »
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: Weston Pro-2300 Vacuum Sealer
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 05:23:42 PM »
That looks pretty heavy duty.

Does it saying anything about cool down times? I know on my sealer, after 5-7 seals or so, I have to let it cool down for a few minutes before I can use it again.

I know the higher end models do not require any cool down times.

For my typical needs, this is not a big deal, but if I have 25-50 pounds of pepper stix to seal up, it is a pain in the butt to wait for the cool down every few bags.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Walt

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 06:13:43 PM »
20 seconds after each use but it has a built in fan to cool the motor & reportably is difficult to overheat.
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 07:06:28 PM »
That's a great-looking unit, Walt!  Sounds like a good deal for a heavy-duty unit like that!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Three Sons BBQ

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 07:15:53 PM »
Wow. Excellent.
Brinkmann '07... Offset '11... Smokin-It '13!!!