Author Topic: smoked meatloaf?  (Read 2848 times)

gloksrule

• Bacon defines me,,Ronnie from OKC,OK
smoked meatloaf?
« on: February 22, 2014, 11:07:30 PM »
Hey all,,, anyone ever tried smoking meatloaf? I'm gonna use my usual recipe and try to smoke instead

DiggingDogFarm

Re: smoked meatloaf?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 05:48:12 AM »
Yep!  8)

Three Sons BBQ

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 07:44:29 AM »
Yes. It was simple. In fact I'm glad you bring this up... On my old offset smoker I would always throw on a meatloaf so as to not waste a smoke.

It was/is easy. Lots of room for error because alway came out well on a wild temp swing offset with lots of leak paths.

I am glad you reminded me... I have to do these in the SI.
Brinkmann '07... Offset '11... Smokin-It '13!!!

gloksrule

• Bacon defines me,,Ronnie from OKC,OK
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 10:06:05 PM »
Gonna try it this weekend, have about 25lbs left of ground venison to try this out

DHurd

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 09:52:21 PM »
Hey All,

I tried a 3.5 pounder today in a Mod 3.  Moist and yummy.  Wifey served up parsley potatoes and asparagus to accompany it.  Smoked at 225 until the internal temperature hit 165 (I guess about 5 hours all told).

I think I might trim the time some by forming two smaller loaves instead of leaving the entire 3.5 pounds as one big loaf.

I put the meatloaf in a mesh grill basket and set the basket over a disposable shallow foil pan for the smoke.  This setup didn't seem to impact the smoker as there was plenty of room for the smoke to circulate.  And an added plus was almost no cleanup!

The recipe I found called for a bit more Tobasco than my clan cares for, but we had to try it to find out.  I'll tweak it a bit next time and bet my reviews go even higher.

Apologies for no pictures, I just learned the ones I took are too big, so I'll try to remember to lower the file size next time around.
Dan Hurd
Model 3, w/PID (Now properly bypassed!)
Fredericksburg, Virginia