Author Topic: Vac Sealers  (Read 12232 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Vac Sealers
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 08:04:01 PM »
Congratulations, Wik!  A new girl and a chamber sealer.  Wow!  Doesn't get much better than that!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 12:54:23 PM »
Holy crap, I looked this sealer up and that thing is a beast!!!

Congrats on your new addition!
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DiggingDogFarm

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 01:14:06 PM »
I think you're going to love it!
I use mine a lot!

8)
~Martin

TJ

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 10:43:45 AM »
I went through three different food savers in the last 10 years and they are very frustrating to use. They use way to much "bag" material and often don't seal one end or the other. I consider them to be nothing but junk.
I literally tossed the last one out in the garbage and bought a Weston. It works perfectly and the seals are wide and secure. It is a joy to use compared to the food savers. Picked it up on Amazon for about $400 and worth every penny.
Crossville Tennessee

Walt

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 11:47:40 AM »
I also own the Weston 2300 & like it a lot.
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

DivotMaker

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 07:29:46 PM »
I went through three different food savers in the last 10 years and they are very frustrating to use. They use way to much "bag" material and often don't seal one end or the other. I consider them to be nothing but junk.
I literally tossed the last one out in the garbage and bought a Weston. It works perfectly and the seals are wide and secure. It is a joy to use compared to the food savers. Picked it up on Amazon for about $400 and worth every penny.

I wouldn't consider all FoodSavers "junk," but there is a definite difference in the "big box" home models and their upper-end models.  I have a Professional 3 that has been used quite regularly for 10 years, and still going strong.  I never have an issue with poor sealing - the Pro 3 has an adjustable seal time, and it pulls a stronger vacuum than the WalMart models.  The Pro 3 is no longer made, so I'm not sure I'd get another FS sealer if this one craps out.  The Westons and Arys would definitely be in the running, but I think I'll save my pennies for a chamber sealer.
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

TJ

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 11:51:52 PM »
Chamber sealers are nice if you have a dedicated area to store them as they are very big and heavy.
Maybe all food savers are not junk. But the three I owned sure were:)
Glad you ended up with a good one.
Crossville Tennessee

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 09:50:18 AM »
I have a Food Saver that I bought at Sam's Club probably about 7 years ago and it is still going strong and sealing great.

In a perfect world where I have a house big enough for a commercial sealer and the money to buy it I would. But in my real world, I am very satisfied with my Food Saver.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 10:05:24 PM »
I have a Food Saver that I bought at Sam's Club probably about 7 years ago and it is still going strong and sealing great.

In a perfect world where I have a house big enough for a commercial sealer and the money to buy it I would. But in my real world, I am very satisfied with my Food Saver.

Hehe...me too, Gregg!  I can always dream though, right? ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas

mike.bryant

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 03:43:21 PM »
I like to buy quality items that will last.  After reading a huge number of reviews I ordered an Ary Vacmaster Pro 260.  I've never used a vac sealer before but I easily figured out how to use it.  The build is solid and has nice storage compartments for bag rolls.  It's a bit noisy both for the vacuum and the sealer but I expect this is the case with all such units.  I'm happy with my purchase.   :D
Mike from Aurora, IL

DivotMaker

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 08:15:32 PM »
I like to buy quality items that will last.  After reading a huge number of reviews I ordered an Ary Vacmaster Pro 260.  I've never used a vac sealer before but I easily figured out how to use it.  The build is solid and has nice storage compartments for bag rolls.  It's a bit noisy both for the vacuum and the sealer but I expect this is the case with all such units.  I'm happy with my purchase.   :D

Let us know how it works out, after you use it for awhile in "real-world conditions!" 
Tony from NW Arkansas

coachB

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 09:14:22 PM »
I want to thank the previous posters for their evaluations.  I decided to check the vacmaster 260 and found it at webstaurant.com on sale for $157, free shipping, and no tax.  I also ordered some knives on poster recommendation at great pricing so I am a happy camper.  Thanks guys.
Bill from Myrtle Beach SC

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2015, 09:32:39 PM »
Bill,
I've been saving my Cabelas points for a sealer upgrade.  Definitely report back after you've run it through the paces. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah