Author Topic: Jerky Dryer Instructions & Help  (Read 2384 times)

PhatterMike

Jerky Dryer Instructions & Help
« on: January 01, 2015, 10:28:13 PM »
Are there any instructions for the Jerky Dryer, I've looked on the forum and have found some stuff but was wondering if there was a manual on it.... I am also curious about cleaning the filters & do they ever need to be replaced.... Also, what happens if you use it through the entire smoke (at higher temps)??? I'm wanting to use it to pull moister out of fish... Don't really want to make jerky out of the fish, just want to remove some of the moister out of the cooker & crisp up the fish a bit... Any thoughts?
Mike from Palm Beach Gardens, FL

2-Large BGE's, 1- XL BGE, 1-Mini BGE, Weber Genesis 1100 & Now (as of 10-8-2014), I am proud to say.... 1 Smokin~It Model #4

DiggingDogFarm

Re: Jerky Dryer Instructions & Help
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 04:46:40 AM »
Here are the instructions.
http://www.smokin-it.com/v/vspfiles/files/JamesJerkyDryer%20FAQ4-13.pdf

I definitely wouldn't use it at high temperatures.
~Martin

PhatterMike

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 06:06:44 PM »
Thanks Martin, is that all that's available? I haven't used it yet, hope to get to it this week." How often do you clean it? & what would be the problem with using it w high (like 200) heat?
Mike
Mike from Palm Beach Gardens, FL

2-Large BGE's, 1- XL BGE, 1-Mini BGE, Weber Genesis 1100 & Now (as of 10-8-2014), I am proud to say.... 1 Smokin~It Model #4

DiggingDogFarm

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 06:10:56 PM »
I've used it quite often...I haven't had to clean it yet and I've had it about 10 months.
I think 200 degrees would be way too hot for it. The fan is just a standard PC fan...and if it quits because of the heat and you don't notice it...it could lead to a nasty melt-down and who knows what else.
~Martin