Author Topic: New Mojoe Griddle- I Need Unbiased Product Review  (Read 44938 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: New Mojoe Griddle- I Need Unbiased Product Review
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2014, 07:49:23 PM »
Cam, I just got to watch the bacon video.  Great idea, I mean, what kind of weirdo doesn't like watching bacon cooking??  They don't hang with this crowd, I can tell you! ;D

Although the video is good to show the whole process, it gets a little boring in the middle.  When you get up over 6 minutes on a video, there better be something exciting going on to hold viewers attention, or they're gone.  I would recommend to maybe superimpose a little digital timer on the screen when you start the bacon cooking (you do advertise it as "in 5 minutes."  So, once the bacon is all on, start the clock.  When it gets to the middle few minutes of just flipping, speed up the video to get through that quickly.  It's like watching a video of someone assembling something that has 15 bolts of the same kind; you just need to get the concept, then speed through the other 14.  I know this may seem a little nitpicky, but I was ready to click off at about 2 1/2 minutes.  You asked for unbiased honesty. :o   Or, as has been suggested elsewhere, you could have had a bacon-bikini-clad model cooking the bacon!  lol! ;D

I think the price change was probably good, at least until you get a customer base and word of mouth spreads.  Have you considered a couple of smaller sizes?
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Walt

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2014, 07:53:46 PM »
If you use the bacon bikini model, then you need to do the opposite and slow it down so it takes 30 minutes.

Tony, your such a deviant!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 07:57:50 PM by Walt »
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

Three Sons BBQ

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2014, 08:04:51 PM »
Now, speaking of bikinis ... I will take two!
Brinkmann '07... Offset '11... Smokin-It '13!!!

DivotMaker

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2014, 08:28:11 PM »
Hey, I could be on Mad Men!  Hehe!

One more thing I forgot to mention, Cam - none of your videos I've watched have anything about the Mojoe griddle, just what you can do with it.  I would suggest 20-30 seconds, at the beginning of each video, telling what the heck you're cooking on! 

"Hey folks, Cam here with Mojoe.com!  Today, we're cooking a pound of bacon in less than 5 minutes on the hottest, and most versatile outdoor griddle available anywhere!  (focus on the grill). Here's the Mojoe Griddle!  It's 24 inches of solid American steel, made right here in America!  It's non-stick surface is great for grilling anything, over any kind of fire!  Check us out at MoJoe.com!  Today, I'm going to show how great the Mojoe is for breakfast!...."

Think Guy Fieri, or maybe Emeril (Bam!), enthusiasm when introducing the grill - just not quite as far as Vince from Sham Wow!  The way the videos start now, you might as well be cooking on the Waffle House griddle; too much focus on what you're cooking, not what you're cooking it on!  You should portray a cook who's excited about cooking on a new product that works, and solves your problems!  "One of the problems with most outdoor griddles is they're too small to cook for a crowd!  I have never found a griddle large enough to cook for my group of (fill in the blank)."   See where I'm heading with this?  Problem...Solution!  Why do I need/want this?

Cam, I love this kind of stuff!  If my opinions are too lengthy, or unwelcomed, just say the word!  I maybe look at this kind of process a little differently than some, and I hope any input I give may help!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:09:14 PM by DivotMaker »
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

Camadile

• Cookin' Outdoors, Mojoe Style
    • Mojoe Outfitters
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2014, 11:12:04 PM »
Hello. 

I think this is neat!

Let me ask you a question where if answered could help your sales.

it's not clear to me why I should want this, does that make sense?

Nothing I buy is stuff I need... It's something I want, just like the SI3. I want it to the point where I think I need it and it then becomes a priority to purchase.

At home, seems one could cook on their stove. Camping some may think $195 is a lot for a camping accessory. For example if roughing it on the cheap this could be costly and tough to carry on a hike. If the type of camper with a Winnebago well those come with mini kitchens.

Right now I may only think I want this for my back yard camp fire in the woods. Then I'm struck with is there another alternative such a DIY version of this.

I love the creativity... But challenge to think of the hook... I am not a marketing whiz but am hopeful you don't drop the price because that usually cannot be recovered.

Good luck!

Hello Mr. Polish Q:

You just hit the biggest Marketing Nail right on the head:  Why do you want it?  Based on all of the wonderful and thoughtful comments so far, I have totally failed to answer that question on my website.  This is by no no means a bad thing because now I know what I need to concentrate on.  Just about everyone who has personally seen the Mojoe Griddle in action or has been given a personal sales pitch by yours truly has bought one. 

I have tried to do the same personal touch though the videos on my site but I always seem to come up lacking.  I've never done videos of my pitches before and it's a whole different ballgame because I can't see and experience the viewer's reactions and personal needs and adjust the presentation accordingly.  I guarantee you that if I was able to give you a personal presentation and demo of the Mojoe Griddle, you would have no doubt as to why you want one-  Not because I'm a great salesman but because I could ask you questions to find out what your needs are and show you how the product can make you a better outdoor cook.  By tailoring a presentation to your specific needs and actually witnessing the Mojoe Griddle's almost miraculous capabilities (yeah, I'm selling now, sorry), you would definitely know why you want it.

Your inspiration has given me the focus for a new video that I need to make titled:  "Why Do I Want a Mojoe Griddle?"  Thanks Mr. Q.

By the way, I would never want anyone to attempt to put a Mojoe Griddle on their backpack and people who want to rough it on the cheap are not in my target demographic.  I am looking for people who:  Want the best outdoor cooking equipment and/or bragging rights, Cook for large groups of people,  Want to simplify and reduce the amount of gear they need and need an appliance that they can use in the backyard, on the 4x4 trail, tailgating and camping.

Your thoughts have gotten me thinking and that's a good thing.

cam

Camadile

• Mojoe Outfitters
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2014, 11:38:24 PM »
Cam, I just got to watch the bacon video.  Great idea, I mean, what kind of weirdo doesn't like watching bacon cooking??  They don't hang with this crowd, I can tell you! ;D

Although the video is good to show the whole process, it gets a little boring in the middle.  When you get up over 6 minutes on a video, there better be something exciting going on to hold viewers attention, or they're gone.  I would recommend to maybe superimpose a little digital timer on the screen when you start the bacon cooking (you do advertise it as "in 5 minutes."  So, once the bacon is all on, start the clock.  When it gets to the middle few minutes of just flipping, speed up the video to get through that quickly.  It's like watching a video of someone assembling something that has 15 bolts of the same kind; you just need to get the concept, then speed through the other 14.  I know this may seem a little nitpicky, but I was ready to click off at about 2 1/2 minutes.  You asked for unbiased honesty. :o   Or, as has been suggested elsewhere, you could have had a bacon-bikini-clad model cooking the bacon!  lol! ;D

I think the price change was probably good, at least until you get a customer base and word of mouth spreads.  Have you considered a couple of smaller sizes?

Great insight Tony:

I think you are right on.  I just talked to the Mojoe Outfitters Video Editing Dept. (my son!) and he'll be making your changes to the video in between his college studies.

You're also right that a bikini clad model would capture interest for the whole six minutes.  I've already been told by you guys that my ass is not something you want to see!  I did in fact think about your needs in this regard and have provided you a video on my website that was submitted by my first customers.  It is long, over 12 minutes, but it includes at lease 8 minutes of lovely ladies and cleavage and only four minutes of Mojoe-ing.

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEAYIn6mnFU

I hope this fills the gap!

Cam

benjammn

• Just smoke it!
    • Kale's Collision
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2014, 11:46:51 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA Love the bikini model idea. Makes me think of another video I saw....hmmm where was that.

Cam you are getting the best FREE study group ever. Take everything in and love that we are all talking about your product. It is nice and I do think there is a market for it. Just work on your suggestions and nail the "I F'n NEED that thing!" results.
Ben in Chandler, AZ
Proud owner of #2

Camadile

• Mojoe Outfitters
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2014, 11:54:14 PM »
Hey, I could be on Mad Men!  Hehe!

One more thing I forgot to mention, Cam - none of your videos I've watched have anything about the Mojoe griddle, just what you can do with it.  I would suggest 20-30 seconds, at the beginning of each video, telling what the heck you're cooking on! 

"Hey folks, Cam here with Mojoe.com!  Today, we're cooking a pound of bacon in less than 5 minutes on the hottest, and most versatile outdoor griddle available anywhere!  (focus on the grill). Here's the Mojoe Griddle!  It's 24 inches of solid American steel, made right here in America!  It's non-stick surface is great for grilling anything, over any kind of fire!  Check us out at MoJoe.com!  Today, I'm going to show how great the Mojoe is for breakfast!...."

Think Guy Fieri, or maybe Emeril (Bam!), enthusiasm when introducing the grill - just not quite as far as Vince from Sham Wow!  The way the videos start now, you might as well be cooking on the Waffle House griddle; too much focus on what you're cooking, not what you're cooking it on!  You should portray a cook who's excited about cooking on a new product that works, and solves your problems!  "One of the problems with most outdoor griddles is they're too small to cook for a crowd!  I have never found a griddle large enough to cook for my group of (fill in the blank)."   See where I'm heading with this?  Problem...Solution!  Why do I need/want this?

Cam, I love this kind of stuff!  If my opinions are too lengthy, or unwelcomed, just say the word!  I maybe look at this kind of process a little differently than some, and I hope any input I give may help!

Tony:  Don't stop with your comments!  You have no idea how your thoughtful insights (and everyone else's) is helping me.

I made all of those videos between June and November of last year and I really had no idea what I was doing.  I made a lot of videos in a rapid fire mode and wasn't thinking of including what you are suggesting in the first of many videos taken on any given subject.  You are absolutely right.  Thanks

Cam

benjammn

• Just smoke it!
    • Kale's Collision
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2014, 12:02:53 AM »
CAM stop now....Tony will get a big head and think that he is a marketing guy and leave us to live in Hollywood. Don't let that happen to us.

LOL he is great though, love his insight and the great info he puts out there. Need I say more about the brine???
Ben in Chandler, AZ
Proud owner of #2

Camadile

• Mojoe Outfitters
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2014, 12:50:05 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA Love the bikini model idea. Makes me think of another video I saw....hmmm where was that.

Cam you are getting the best FREE study group ever. Take everything in and love that we are all talking about your product. It is nice and I do think there is a market for it. Just work on your suggestions and nail the "I F'n NEED that thing!" results.

I already said that this was worth $20,000 but I think we are now approaching $30-40,000!  Thanks to all of you and I'm sorry about Tony's new big head!  (I'm sure that you will all be able to squish it back into shape in the near future.)  I promise to work very hard on the "I Need This Thing!" thing.

I've been thinking about how I could thank all of you who have helped me so much on this thread.  So if you provide me with your shipping address via PM, I will send you a couple of bottles of my Mojoe Toothpicks (my next blockbuster product!).  They are on the website now so you can check it out (in the "Shop" or "Shop Online" page.)  This is another one of those products that most people won't get until they try it.  I must be a masochist!  I am not trying to buy you guys off, I just want to say thank you with some substance instead of just blathering "Thank you" all over this forum.

Cam

Three Sons BBQ

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2014, 07:01:37 PM »
Love the enthusiasm Cam!

I have my own engineering firm and it doesn't quite work to show bikinis... Else I would. Hahahaha

DivotMaker

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2014, 07:34:19 PM »
Love the enthusiasm Cam!

I have my own engineering firm and it doesn't quite work to show bikinis... Else I would. Hahahaha

That's where engineers miss it, Steve!  Bikinis ALWAYS work!  LOL!!! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas

DivotMaker

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2014, 07:35:23 PM »
CAM stop now....Tony will get a big head and think that he is a marketing guy and leave us to live in Hollywood. Don't let that happen to us.

LOL he is great though, love his insight and the great info he puts out there. Need I say more about the brine???

Have your guy call my guy - we'll do lunch! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas

Three Sons BBQ

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2014, 07:36:52 PM »
Hmm... Thinking really this may work.

I might lose some credibility but who cares !!,

DivotMaker

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2014, 07:40:52 PM »
I've been thinking about how I could thank all of you who have helped me so much on this thread.  So if you provide me with your shipping address via PM, I will send you a couple of bottles of my Mojoe Toothpicks (my next blockbuster product!).  They are on the website now so you can check it out (in the "Shop" or "Shop Online" page.)  This is another one of those products that most people won't get until they try it.  I must be a masochist!  I am not trying to buy you guys off, I just want to say thank you with some substance instead of just blathering "Thank you" all over this forum.

Cam

Your "Thanks" works fine for me, Cam!  I'm just happy you're listening to all of us, and are engaged in our opinions!  You've probably noticed we're a little shy, but we're trying!... ;)

Steve - better to try and fail, than not try at all!

Tony from NW Arkansas