Author Topic: Tentative new #3 owner in Michigan  (Read 2144 times)

4wd-n-archery

Tentative new #3 owner in Michigan
« on: January 20, 2014, 09:56:35 PM »
Hey all.  Nino  here in south east michigan area. Little smoking experience.  I've smoked a few chickens, and some ribs in a cheap walmart offset barrel smoker with decent results.  It was kinda brutal manning the coals on a  humid 95 degree, 4th of July day.  I'd rather be playing in the hose with the kids (or the ac).
I've spent the last few days power researching a lot of smokers, and seems that the #3 will suit me quite well.
I am gonna raise my own chickens this summer for meat so I am confident I will get some use from it.  Not to mention the freezer full of venison, and salmon.  Drool, drool. 

Walt

Re: Tentative new #3 owner in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 10:03:10 PM »
You wont be disappointed.  If you follow the advice from the posts for your 1st few smokes you will have success.  Enjoy!
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 08:25:54 AM »
Welcome to the club!  Yes, you'll find the simplicity of "Lazy Q" much easier than your old charcoal smoker!  This will lend to more usage, not having to do all the prep and tending of a traditional smoker!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

BIG BOB

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »
Go for it. I was a total newbie and have had nothing but success in my 10+ smokes so far. use the knowldge of the forum for any and all questions.
B-EE-RR-UN BEERRUN!

Bob from New Castle, IN.

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 01:29:54 PM »
Yes, you will not be disappointed, so jump in!    The forum boards provide a great deal of advice, information, and great recipes to try out.  Don't hesitate to post any additional questions that you might have as you get started...enjoy!  Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2