Author Topic: Brined Whole Chicken  (Read 22286 times)

Brisket Bob

Re: Brined Whole Chicken
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 02:10:38 PM »
Tony,

Thank you SO much for the brine recipe.  I used it last night and it turned out GREAT!  Most definitely the moistest chicken I ever had (and my wife and daughter agree).  I did make a couple of tweaks....I used thyme instead of Rosemary (didn't have any in the house) and didn't do the stuffing (not that I don't trust your advice...just lazy on my part).  The only improvement that I could see with the chicken from last night was that the skin wasn't crispy at all.  Maybe throw it in the broiler for a few minutes next time?  I also used a mini-baking loaf pan with about 10 ounces of Coors Light....perhaps that was redundant with the brining process (too much moisture?)....and maybe it is better for my health that the skin wasn't as appealing as the rest.
Bob - Chicago

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 06:34:06 PM »
Thanks Bob - looks great!  I don't ever use a water pan with poultry.  Because it has skin, it really won't absorb moisture from the outside (except the skin gets more rubbery).  Glad you liked the brine! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

akcooper9

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2016, 10:41:35 AM »
Morning, Ive got my 6lb chicken on this brine right now and will be throwing in at 1PM to the M1 with some Apple Wood!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2016, 04:24:38 PM »
Good luck!  Don't forget pics!! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!