Author Topic: Considering buying  (Read 9438 times)

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: Considering buying
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 10:17:02 AM »
I looked at the measurements of the #4 and could see it needing a cart also.
Only if you are a basket ball player or are talking about the wood box.   :o
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2015, 01:54:18 PM »
I looked at the measurements of the #4 and could see it needing a cart also.
Only if you are a basket ball player or are talking about the wood box.   :o

Hey Dave, I was thinking since it is 3'10" in height. I would think a 2 ft. cart would be fine. I like the top of the smoker to be eye level and I am 5'11" not quite basketball player height ???. JMO This is a lot easier for me. But, since have really not seen one in person not sure of the height from ground to top shelf.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 02:17:55 PM »
With casters on, my meat racks are always about mid stomach level, which is an ideal handling height for me.  But Bill, it might take all your neighbors to lift a #4 on a cart.  LOL!!!
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2015, 02:26:03 PM »
Hey Dave, thanks for the advise, as was not sure but that would probably work for me. Just not going to try for a #4 at this time. The #3 is really enough room for me. And I also can fire up the #1 if needed. I know the depth of the #4 is probably like looking inside of a cave. And really did not think of the weight, I bet they weigh pretty good.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 02:28:01 PM »
I've had a #3 for a year now and love it. It does just about everything that I want it to do.  If I had it to do over again, I would get the #4. I think it's a better value with the Auber and you won't need a cart (which I have never bought yet). It would allow me to cook for bigger events when needed. That being said, I have cooked 40 lbs of pork butt at a time in my #3 to feed 90 people. Rarely would I need more than that.

Hey Libo, you must have better knees than mine. I hurt mine in high school running track. Now with Rheumatoid arthritis is very hard to bend down or even kneel on my knees. And found out that I also have it in my spin and right hip. Kind of is the pits in getting older. I am really glad I have both my smokers off the ground. Especially the #3 as seem to be using it more. I looked at the measurements of the #4 and could see it needing a cart also.

Knock on wood, my knees and back are still operational. I would prefer to have a cart for my #3 but can't seem to decide if I want to buy SI's or build my own.
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas

smokeasaurus

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2015, 04:47:37 PM »
I've had a #3 for a year now and love it. It does just about everything that I want it to do.  If I had it to do over again, I would get the #4. I think it's a better value with the Auber and you won't need a cart (which I have never bought yet). It would allow me to cook for bigger events when needed. That being said, I have cooked 40 lbs of pork butt at a time in my #3 to feed 90 people. Rarely would I need more than that.

Hey Libo, you must have better knees than mine. I hurt mine in high school running track. Now with Rheumatoid arthritis is very hard to bend down or even kneel on my knees. And found out that I also have it in my spin and right hip. Kind of is the pits in getting older. I am really glad I have both my smokers off the ground. Especially the #3 as seem to be using it more. I looked at the measurements of the #4 and could see it needing a cart also.

Knock on wood, my knees and back are still operational. I would prefer to have a cart for my #3 but can't seem to decide if I want to buy SI's or build my own.

If you have the skills to build your own cart, that would be cool.....but I gotta tell ya...I have the cart for the #3 and it is nice.
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
Gabby Grills Santa Maria and Rotisserie
PK Grill
Blackstone 36 inch Flat Top