Author Topic: Tilapia filets super easy  (Read 1941 times)

stout

Tilapia filets super easy
« on: July 04, 2017, 09:50:08 PM »
so we just wanted to try out some tilapia fillets.

had 4 pounds of them. set the smoker to 225 put in a small block of cherry and a small block of sugar maple.

while the smoker started to heat up we put the fillets on two cookie sheets cause that is what we have no but one of the mesh sheets would be great down the road

then in to the smoker for just a hair over an hour.. they came out perfectly done with some good smoke to them.. when we took them out we hit them with a little salt and lemon..and that was it

my wife wants to try marinating them next time to try something different..

but it's not to know that something so good can be done so easy and so quickly

served them over rice.

i gotta remember to take pictures one of these times.. we are always too focused on eating  :D

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: Tilapia filets super easy
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 05:59:01 PM »
If you like smoking fish, consider QMatz or Frogmats to place on top of your regular racks. Much less expensive, and can be cut to fit. Non-stick, and dishwasher safe. I personally do not want to scrub up the metal mesh seafood and fish racks. And the metal racks still have to be well-oiled not to stick...and they still stick. Plus, QMats and Frogmats are flat and easy to store.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

stout

Re: Tilapia filets super easy
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 06:07:40 PM »
If you like smoking fish, consider QMatz or Frogmats to place on top of your regular racks. Much less expensive, and can be cut to fit. Non-stick, and dishwasher safe. I personally do not want to scrub up the metal mesh seafood and fish racks. And the metal racks still have to be well-oiled not to stick...and they still stick. Plus, QMats and Frogmats are flat and easy to store.

thanks i'll look in to getting some of those