Author Topic: More "Smash" burgers and a "Chipwich" for dessert  (Read 2411 times)

RG

More "Smash" burgers and a "Chipwich" for dessert
« on: April 25, 2015, 09:48:42 PM »
 I am doing the low carb diet thing but sometimes ya just gotta have a cheat day. Today was that day folks! I ground up some fresh chuck and made 3oz balls to "smash" onto a hot grilling steel on one of the kegs. This is my wife's doing, she's the honorary Smash Burger maker in the house. It's a good thing she loves to grill, lets me focus on things like dessert!

I baked up some cookies earlier to make ice cream sandwiches out of for dessert. They were mostly for my kids but yes, I did eat a few bites of one of the ice cream sammiches ;)

My wife ate her burger low carb style (no bun) and I had mine with a whole grain wheat bun even though that is still cheating, it at least has fiber to lower the net carb intake. The ice cream sandwiches have zero redeeming qualities, they are just an out and out gluttonous treat :P

Burgers with a few rings (also cheating but oh well!)

Barrel99

Re: More "Smash" burgers and a "Chipwich" for dessert
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 11:32:14 PM »
Oh my goodness Jason. That looks soooo good.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

1stlink

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 07:02:12 AM »
  That's some great looking food Jason unfortunately I think I saw a couple of carbs in it  Lol
 Onion rings and ice cream sandwiches wow great stuff ..  :)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 07:21:31 AM »
Looks like a feast!

Greg

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 10:35:50 AM »
Man that looks great Jason!
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 04:48:13 PM »
Looks great, Jason!  Funny, about your wife being the griller, and you being the baker - total opposite of my house!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

RG

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 06:45:33 PM »
Let me clarify a little of that Tony, lol. I have grilled for eons and did ALL of the outdoor cooking in general.  I'd say within the last few years she's gotten more and more involved and I've taught her well. So.....it's a HUGE added bonus that she not only puts up with me but does a good bit of the cooking as well. It's a win win :P

I can still strut my stuff when needed though, make no mistake, lol!! ;D ;D

TexasSMK

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 07:18:21 AM »
Just finished my morning oats--now I will think of Smash burgers all day!  Looks incredible!
Dale from NE Texas--USMC Retired--Living in Havre de Grace, Maryland.  SE#2 with Auber

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 09:48:16 PM »
Oh, I knew that was the case, Jason - didn't mean to insinuate that she's the BBQ chef in the house! ;)   I was trying to say, in an apparently not-so-well way, that I couldn't get my wife to touch a grill or smoker with a 10' pole, any more than she could get me to bake a cake!  "Separation of Powers," so to speak! ;)   Equal, but separate!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!