Author Topic: Now THIS is a Whopper  (Read 2535 times)

RG

Now THIS is a Whopper
« on: April 15, 2015, 07:13:00 AM »
My wife, being ever creative, decided to make us up a monstrous cheeseburger in the theme of a whopper. It was a really big whopper though. We could only eat a quarter of it each and the other half sat out and got cold and eventually was tossed out, sad to say. I ground up a chuck roast for this with a little added brisket fat. Fresh ground at home is the only way to go. She topped it with cheddar, heirloom tomatoes, lettuce, red onion, pickles, ketchup and mayo. Just like a BK Whopper only way better ;)

Here I am trying to show the scale of this joker. This was right before I threw it away but you can see it was a big fella.

Barrel99

Re: Now THIS is a Whopper
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 05:44:14 PM »
Now thats a burger! Looks great. Ground chuck roast and brisket, must have been soooo juicy. Next time freeze what you don't eat. Just reheat it and it will still be good.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 05:57:31 PM »
Reminds me of my college days.  There was a place that was walking distance from the campus called, The Graduate, that made burgers using a loaf of shepherds sour dough as the bun.  It could be ordered in increments of 1/4's all the way up to a whole.  A couple of buddies and a couple pitchers of beer and it was on! 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 07:45:46 PM »
Now THAT'S the "Mother of All Whoppers!"  That thing looks as big as a cow patty! ;)   Nice!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

TexasSMK

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 07:19:55 AM »
Burgers--the best food in the world!
Dale from NE Texas--USMC Retired--Living in Havre de Grace, Maryland.  SE#2 with Auber