Author Topic: NEW STORES  (Read 2669 times)

EFGM

NEW STORES
« on: March 31, 2018, 08:31:13 PM »
Two new stores are open now in DFW. One is a WINCO grocery Store in Carrollton,  ;D ;D ;D. They have "Choice or Higher" Brisket for $1.77 a pound. The other I will have to check out next week and update info on, but it is a US FOOD/CHEF'S STORE! Any one have any experience with one of these? And has  anyone ever heard of "Choice or Higher" before. A first for me.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 08:35:01 PM by EFGM »
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: NEW STORES
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 09:54:46 PM »
That is some weird terminology. I've never heard of "Choice or Higher". Or brisket "In the Bag". Price is great though. By the weight, looks like a whole packer. Product of USA, which was my main concern. How does it look? Pretty normal as far as shape, fat, etc?
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

EFGM

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 10:06:08 PM »
Looked normal. Think I’ll give them a try. As I’ve stated before all I do is Costco prime but I’m thinking for $1.52 a pound difference I have to give it a shot. Going back next week to go through them for selection.
Doug
Carrollton

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 10:49:01 PM »
Interesting...  I talked to another customer in Sam's club who suggested I check out Winco for a better price.  Never imagined it would be that low.

Two new stores are open now in DFW. One is a WINCO grocery Store in Carrollton,
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 11:18:27 AM »
That is very interesting to say the least.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

EFGM

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 09:03:09 PM »
Made it by the USFOOD/CHEF'S STORE today for a quick walk thru. Kind of like a RD, except it felt different in a good kind of way. Not to take anything away from RD. They have Prime Brisket and Choice however I did not see the Prime. It was KKKKKold, and I did not put on one of the Jackets they had available that was rated at -60. Will definitely go back when I have more time. Pricing seemed to be pretty good, but not as good as that Choice Brisket for $1.77, the choice here was $2.09, still not bad and the selection looked great.
Doug
Carrollton

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

EFGM

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 06:00:08 PM »
Made it back to the new WINCO today. Was going through the briskets and noticed they had a limit of 2 sign posted. Also took a closer look trying to find a couple I liked and noticed the grade stamped on the package. Also that there were several that were marked at $2.28 a pound vs the $1.77 so I asked the Butcher and he took the one I had with the $2.28 a # back and repriced it at $1.77. Said they were pretty hard on the limit, but I could make a deposit in my car and come back in for another visit. He was also sending someone to check all on display and reprice them correctly. So after LarryD reads this I'll bet (if I was a betting man)  he makes a trip out from work or this weekend from Garland. Me I'm going back tomorrow for 2 more. Fill the Freezer time me thinks!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 06:17:03 PM by EFGM »
Doug
Carrollton

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

JustChillin

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 06:31:59 PM »
Definitely a good deal! Enjoy.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 06:42:56 PM »
Great price for Prime!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 10:06:55 PM »
So after LarryD reads this I'll bet (if I was a betting man)  he makes a trip out from work or this weekend from Garland. Me I'm going back tomorrow for 2 more. Fill the Freezer time me thinks!

Sadly I'm going out of town this weekend...  will have to check to see if I can get over there some weeknight.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...