Author Topic: Hey guys!  (Read 1422 times)

RG

Hey guys!
« on: September 06, 2018, 07:14:54 PM »
It's been a little bit since I checked in. I hope everyone is well. It looks like a few more members have signed up in my absence. I have been busy at work and at life like always, not been cooking all that much. As a matter of fact, my wife does most of the BBQing these days, I consider myself more of her Sous Chef I guess :P

I have really gone off the deep end camera wise, it has taken the place of my BBQ hobby for now. I've actually thinned the herd a little. I'm down to one Keg, two (one working) pellet grills, a Weber, the KBQ, the UUNI (never use it), gas grill (never use it) and a Camp Chef Flat Top (guess what? never use it, lol). I also have a La Caja China that has NEVER even been out of the basement, lol. Brand new, just sitting there.

I now just get a kick of riding my motorcycle and filming stupid stuff. Sometimes my wife rides hers and we go find places to eat. My latest thing is a drone and I also got a couple of 360 cameras to play with. I go through phases I guess. For years it was ALL about BBQ, cooking it all of the time. I couldn't read enough about it, always learning. I reached a point where I figured I had a pretty good handle on it so it became stagnant. That lead me to find other interests. Before this turns into a therapy session, let me share a couple of videos with y'all to show you what I've been up to, lol.

Video of me testing out the Insta360 One camera, select 2160p(4K) if you can
https://youtu.be/JS4hCMRWIPk

Video of my Son's Mustang using the drone and other cams
https://youtu.be/mY2bty2oDpU

I plan on making some much better videos in the fall, using the drone and my newest 360 cam, the GoPro Fusion. If I can remember to, I'll post a link here.

At any rate, I guess that's all I got for you now, unless you want to see a butt and a brisket for the 1000th time, lol

Jason from Conyers GA

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Hey guys!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 10:59:37 PM »
Welcome back Jason.  So you have a new hobby.  That is great.  To stay busy is to stay young. Good videos, resolution is terrific!  Thanks for sharing.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

1stlink

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 06:26:07 AM »
Great stuff Jason and thanks for the share.. Only 1 keg, what's the world coming to.  ;D

RG

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 10:35:38 AM »
Great stuff Jason and thanks for the share.. Only 1 keg, what's the world coming to.  ;D
LOL. I will be leaving it behind when I sell the house, so I'll be kegless.
Jason from Conyers GA