Author Topic: We like BBQ. We like fishing. What about guns?  (Read 66018 times)

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
Re: We like BBQ. We like fishing. What about guns?
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2016, 09:35:39 PM »
Shots at 25 yards should be low. They are low equal to the distance from the center of the bore to the center of your scope. At that short distance the bullet has not had a chance to rise or fall. For me 25 yards always works, then zero is checked at 100. Saves ammunition and frustration.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

SmokinSusie-Q

« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2016, 06:07:38 PM »
I have a concealed carry permit and own 2 Glocks.  In NC you are required to take an 8 hr. class; pass a written exam; and test out on the gun range and pass.  If you're a resident of VA, you know that recently they (Democratic leaders) decided that they will no longer honor the reciprocal agreement with NC (and most other states) to allow concealed carry permits.  I was born in VA, and most of my family members still live there.  So I visit often.  Needless to say, I'm unhappy with this change.  Hopefully, the VA legislature can undo this.  If you've from VA, please make you voice known!  Take a stand!
Sue
Cedar Point, NC

RG

« Reply #197 on: September 09, 2018, 02:52:37 PM »
I KNOW this thread is OLD but I have added to the collection since this post was made. I recently acquired more pistols from my Dad. He has given me a Bodyguard 380 (I gave it to my wife as an alternate C&C), a Glock 40 cal (not sure which model, gave it to my son), a S&W 40 (gave to my son), a Remington 9mm (I actually LOVE this gun!), a S&W 9mm M&P (another great gun, gave it my son), a 38 Special (gave it to my wife), a 327 revolver (gave it to my son). Ruger SRC40 for me. So...he's given me a lot of choices for the firing range. We took them down to fire last weekend. My favorite of the bunch was the dang Remington! I was VERY accurate with that gun, more so than with my son's Glocks, which used to be my favorite to shoot. The guns I liked least were the 327 revolver (hurts when you fire it!, kicks like a 357 magnum!) and the 380. Its slide is not the easiest to pull back and it has a relatively hard trigger pull. All in all, I'm real happy with the lot. He has more guns but I let my brother have them, several rifles, a 44 mag, another S&W 40 and a 38 special. He only kept a 357 magnum and a 45 cal Glock and a 308 rifle and a shotgun. He'll buy more as long as he's living, I already know it, lol.
Jason from Conyers GA

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #198 on: September 10, 2018, 09:59:51 PM »
Bodyguard 380 (I gave it to my wife - Its slide is not the easiest to pull back and it has a relatively hard trigger pull

If the slide is difficult and the trigger sucks why would you want that as a carry gun for your wife? Ease of operation and maximum reliability are what is needed in a carry gun.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

RG

« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2018, 12:34:56 PM »
Bodyguard 380 (I gave it to my wife - Its slide is not the easiest to pull back and it has a relatively hard trigger pull

If the slide is difficult and the trigger sucks why would you want that as a carry gun for your wife? Ease of operation and maximum reliability are what is needed in a carry gun.

It was my first time shooting it so I didn't know. She has other guns but her main C&C is a Beretta Nano 9mm. It works flawless. I am not that impressed with the 380.I will clean it and see if there was just some gunk making the slide difficult.

Oh, and thanks for the tip  ::)

LOL
Jason from Conyers GA