Author Topic: Smoked Party Wings  (Read 5751 times)

40 caliber

Smoked Party Wings
« on: November 06, 2016, 03:28:42 PM »
Here is a recipe i picked up from Malcom Reed on Youtube. Actually i subscribe to his newsletter and he is usually sending me something I need to try. i am a big fan of watching his smokes. They sometimes need to be altered a little for the smokin it but  always create good food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lauZ95G6YeU

Anyway, i followed his instructions for the marinade which includes zesty italian, hot wing sauce , soy sauce and Worcestershire. He uses his seasonings which I like and have in stock. i am assuming you can go with something else based on your tastes and availability

Anyway, I preferred to use some Maple wood as I have one third of a box from Smokinlicous (also got hickory and Cherry) so i was looking for a place to use it. after 1.5 hours, i flipped them and let them go another hour. I didn't like the look of the skin (rubbery smoker skin) so i threw them on the grill for about 15 minutes. the grill was a little too hot so they look over done. Let me assure you they were not.

This meal was SPECTACULAR!!! I only was able to marinade for 3 hours as i started late. The wings had a tang to them but they were far from being hot. That being said, the wings were awesome. My son told me they were the best thing I ever made on the smoker. I couldn't stop eating them like i was an addict. My  (ex vegetarian) wife loved them so much she asked me to make them this week with  the football game.
They are in the smoker again for this week and the marinade was done for 24 hours +. i will let you know if it makes a difference.

I will say, this time I skipped grilling them and they were still wonderful! after smoking these for 2.5 hours and using the rubs suggested, the skin was delicious. It was not crispy but was still good!

Give this recipe a try. you will not be sorry.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 06:47:44 PM by 40 caliber »
Tom From NH
My two favorite things are  my Victory Motorcycle riding the tail of the dragon. and making the CUE!