Author Topic: Kindle BBQ Books  (Read 4414 times)

Limey

Kindle BBQ Books
« on: December 28, 2014, 06:03:32 PM »
I just purchased the Kindle edition of "Smoking Meat: The Essential Guide for Real BBQ" by Jeff Phillips" and found the time and temperature tables unreadable(much too small) in the Kindle format. Even cranking the size up to the maximum and using a magnifying glass didn't help! Has anyone had similar problems with other books?
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Kindle BBQ Books
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 08:12:11 PM »
If I buy a BBQ book, it's either e-book format that I can open on the large computer monitor, or better yet, a good old fashion paper book that I can hold in my hands! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

es1025

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 09:37:49 AM »
I am old school. Need to have a non-digital copy. The book you purchased is good lots of recipes and techniques.
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

Limey

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 06:29:12 PM »
Ed, I am basically in your camp and much prefer "real books" especially for cook books-much easier to compare recipes. However I am also a snowbird and my wife finally put her foot down about carting a couple hundred pounds of cook books down to the Keys every winter. Incidentally I finally found a bigger magnifying glass and was able to read the tables. I agree that it is a good book.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 09:46:51 PM »
Roger, sounds to me like you need two copies!  ;D
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

Limey

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »
Bob, that is probably true. I have two copies of some of my key grilling and cooking books but am brand new to serious smoking and do not yet know which books to double up on. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.